• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Flat bench, 30cm-32cm wide, options?

jj80

The only option I've found so far is the gymdirect flat bench Commercial Flat Bench with wheels

I need the width, I also need it to be rated to 300kg+ total weight. I can see myself getting to 110kg and benching 150kg+ in the next year, maybe doing more weight on lockouts.

Anyone know of other good options? I'd really like a 32cm wide bench but I'm not sure they godamn exist.

How much are you looking at spending?

Do you want a proper bench press or just a bench that can be moved aroud into a rack ect?

How much are you looking at spending?

Do you want a proper bench press or just a bench that can be moved aroud into a rack ect?

One that can be moved around into a rack (or between two squat stands).

I probably don't want to spend over $300. I could stretch it a bit depending.

That looks pretty good, 30cm wide and 350kg weight rating.

Out of the 2 Flat Benches they're basically identical. The ForceUSA does have 4mm steel compared to GD's 3mm though.

Larger width benches do exist in the States but havent seen any here.

(1:40ish)

[ame="http://youtu.be/unKYAlHAwLk"]SuperDtv-Speed Bench, FatPad & Big Men! - YouTube[/ame]

Why are you just getting a flat if you dont mind me asking? Already have a FID?

Sorry mate, cant help you out with that one..... If you need a proper bench, $1500 will get you the best bench selling in aus.

^^ Good to know, maybe when I get my own place and have more room I'll invest.

Bams yeah I have a FID which I broke yesterday (adjustable screw part, just broke the plastic off). I've been meaning to get a dedicated flat bench for a while. I'll probably pick up the Force USA one or make my own out of hardwood fence pailings + plywood/gymfloor top... which I'm tempted to do :)

I've got the gym direct one. Its great. It feels very similar to the dimensions of a Eleiko comp bench. The Force USA one is 4cm taller - 46cm, which is taller than is specified for IPF, for example. If you plan on competing, I would go for a bench that is around 42cm height to the surface of the pad so that it is easier to adapt.

The Force USA one is 1cm more than an ER Rack ( I measured both ) which at 45cm is the maximum height, I'm pretty sure the Eleiko is also 45cm
The Gymdirect one is 3cm lower than an ER Rack, and at 42cm the minimum height in IPF rulebook

so one is 1cm higher, the other is a 3cm lower than a comp bench.
No real reason to pick one over the other, unless you use blocks to compete when the lower bench will obviously be better.

I train with both the Force one at home and ERRack at gym, and find that going from a slightly higher works better for me as fractionally harder with the higher bench.

hmm force may have been better but whatever. Ordered the gymdirect one based on it being similar to Eleiko, I would like to compete someday. Arriving next week as is an ABC barbell too :)

And maybe some Pendlay calibrated bumpers.

Last edited:
^^ Good to know, maybe when I get my own place and have more room I'll invest.

Bams yeah I have a FID which I broke yesterday (adjustable screw part, just broke the plastic off). I've been meaning to get a dedicated flat bench for a while. I'll probably pick up the Force USA one or make my own out of hardwood fence pailings + plywood/gymfloor top... which I'm tempted to do :)

Well I've a few DIY pieces for my gym and if you do it right it'll come out great. Not sure how you'd do it with pailings, but I'd go with F17 studs bolted back to back for the supports. 1 support at the bottom, 2 at the top. Sorta like this without the uprights.

Homemade weight lifting bench

Otherwise if you wanted to replace the FID and flat bench in one. I'd recommend the ASFID from Gym Direct. I've got one and it feel's like a proper comp bench. Dunno what it's rated at though, so just ask them.

I've got this one. Very solid
Force USA Commercial Flat Bench

The wheels are not needed, if your strong enough to need a bench like this, the weight of the bench is not heavy enough to need wheels to move.

Another option is the Force USA Semi Commercial Flat/Incline - it's what I use. I weigh 110kg and bench 140kg.

• Weight rating: 300kg
  • 4mm Thick Heavy Duty Steel
  • 43cm High, 33cm Wide Backrest/Seat
  • 7cm dense thick padding
  • Adjustable from flat to incline (0-90 Degrees); backrest 8 diff. positions, seat 3 diff. positions

Joe, If your still looking for a bench, check ours out when your in next.

We have started custom making them as there wasnt anything around for PL.