• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

DISCUSSION: Battle of the Bulge

Yes its a struggle. I think I will end up exchanging weights for a bike. Doing Miles seems to burn of far more weight from what Ive seen.

Ill still Gym it just more relint on the Bike for loosing Kgs.

have you tried this before? my experience is that compared to dieting, it doesn't work, you just get to eat more. it becomes harder to keep to a deficit firstly because you have no idea where your tdee is from day to day as your training load varies and secondly because your body is pretty much always demanding food whether you're hungry or not - appetite is pretty constant regardless of training load.

plus it's time inefficient. if you're doing decent volume then you might be spending 10hrs in a week on the bike which in reality will actually take you more like 15hrs by the time you include overheads. that will burn maybe 7000 calories (assuming 700cals/hr which is pretty high intensity), less the 3000 calories (300cals/hr) you will eat while riding putting you at about a net4000 calorie deficit per week. that's about 600cals per day which is pretty easy to do on a cut and pretty easy to ruin on a daily basis when you're tired and hungry from a 10hr/wk training load.

so yeah, i guess you gotta do what works for you, but if losing fat is your sole aim then the decision is between spending heaps of time burning cals so you can eat more or just sucking it up and not being a bitch to your appetite. 1 way lets you sleep in and allows you heaps more free time. i know which way i would go...

I did my first day officially day of IF today. Got home at 5.30pm and still had 1400 Calories. Easily crushed it and still hungry now. It's great being able to indulge for a few hours but I can see how you could just keep eating.

on IF i never feel full, but i never feel hungry. I eat for 2 reasons: 1) because i'm bored, in which case i eat low fat (salad, boiled veggies omelettes) and 2) to reach my protein macros in which case i eat high protein, low/moderate fat. it's actually pretty hard to eat like this and eat above maintenance. if you do, you're probably eating too many empty carbs or high fat proteins.

basically, i'm eating nothing til midday, then lunch is <300cals and then i have about 1200cals to play with come dinner and i NEED 150g+ of protein. lots of fish, chicken and egg whites together with massive amounts of veggies. i go through a lot of shirataki noodles.

technically there's a 3rd reason to eat called "chocolate", but i've managed to limit that to a 20g/day habit and even then, only the dark stuff...

on IF i never feel full, but i never feel hungry. I eat for 2 reasons: 1) because i'm bored, in which case i eat low fat (salad, boiled veggies omelettes) and 2) to reach my protein macros in which case i eat high protein, low/moderate fat. it's actually pretty hard to eat like this and eat above maintenance. if you do, you're probably eating too many empty carbs or high fat proteins.

basically, i'm eating nothing til midday, then lunch is <300cals and then i have about 1200cals to play with come dinner and i NEED 150g+ of protein. lots of fish, chicken and egg whites together with massive amounts of veggies. i go through a lot of shirataki noodles.

technically there's a 3rd reason to eat called "chocolate", but i've managed to limit that to a 20g/day habit and even then, only the dark stuff...

Rings a bell what your saying. I still struggle mentally how I can manage to hit my macros and still have ice-cream or a naughty desert every night on IF.

I have pushed first meal/shake out to 2-3pm some days (mainly due to I train at lunchtimes and like to train fasted).

Do you have shakes at all? I don't
think I could hit my protien macros on IF without them.

Yes I struggle with weight and stuff but I'm a believer in individuals finding what works for them, as it can differ greatly. And it's really whatever you can stick to.

With regards to before/after photos, I take them with a huge grain of salt. Sure there is a big difference and lots of people work hard, but you can achieve a lot with posture, facial expression, hydration, lighting and a tan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M957dACQyfU]Furious Pete - Shocking Before and After Transformation in 5 Hours - EXPOSED! - YouTube[/ame]