• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tennis Elbow

hey
what was peoples recover time for tennis elbow?
i had it for a while, it was quite painfull

Does it come back,now and again?

hey
what was peoples recover time for tennis elbow?
i had it for a while, it was quite painfull

Does it come back,now and again?

Ignore Goosey he is been as helpful as a condom with a hole in it.

Mate what worked for me was a couple days rest, then I started religiously using my wrist wraps on every set and as soon as I feel a twinge slather it in tiger balm and really rub that shit in. Seems to keep it at bay.

Do you have tennis or golfers elbow, tennis is outside of the elbow where golfers elbow is in the crook of the joint on the forearm side. Mine was golfers elbow from low bar squats and pressing.

Rest it first, decrease the inflammation.

Then, when the immflamation has subsided biuld it's strength.

In this case, grip work and forearm work done for a protracted time is the best long term fix, not rubs, pills and snake oils.

A strong grip seems to indicate high levels of testosterone

I have golfers elbow in both and tennis in my right. I took a month off the weights and it still didn't get any better. I've been taking cissus for it, and I think it eases the pain somewhat, but since I ran out a few days ago and waiting for more to come, it's getting rather sore again. Apparently over tight gripping is one of the reasons it happens (tennis). I got the Golfers from preacher curls and arm work (pull-ups). Shoulder work (pulling) certainly aggrevates the tennis elbow. I would love to get rid of both. Stretches and strengthening exercises are best. I hear cortisone works but then wears off and becomes ineffective after that. Platelet injections at the site of pain is 50/50, but I hear promising procedures in the states called FAST where they break down the scar tissue with ultrasonic resonance. Just hasn't got to Australia, yet! Would love to hear anyone getting over their injuries.

Grip work, forearm work, strengthen the muscle, if you biuld it they will come.....and so-on.

If you can't fix it, give weight training away.

I had the golfers elbow, it went away over 3 months with the physio's regime of light wrist curls and large numbers of an eccentric-focused, wrist-supination movement with a broom handle.

Also had tennis elbow, it has taken 12 months to go away. Physio advice not much help here. Changed my chins to neutral grip and rows to an ex-curl bar. A wrist-pronated forearm stretch seemed to help a bit, plus an aggressive, deep self-massage of the affected parts of the elbow and bicep attachment. I remember really trying to get under the tendons and irritate them, both upstream and downstream from the worst-affected area.

Also I took a month off in sheer frustration. That probably coincided with the tennis elbow starting to get better - 3 months later it was barely detectable. But I also started the deep massage in this time.

FWIW I have found that running the Sheiko programs (lighter weights, higher volume) has coincided with just about all my injuries going away

I had the golfers elbow, it went away over 3 months with the physio's regime of light wrist curls and large numbers of an eccentric-focused, wrist-supination movement with a broom handle.

Also had tennis elbow, it has taken 12 months to go away. Physio advice not much help here. Changed my chins to neutral grip and rows to an ex-curl bar. A wrist-pronated forearm stretch seemed to help a bit, plus an aggressive, deep self-massage of the affected parts of the elbow and bicep attachment. I remember really trying to get under the tendons and irritate them, both upstream and downstream from the worst-affected area.

Also I took a month off in sheer frustration. That probably coincided with the tennis elbow starting to get better - 3 months later it was barely detectable. But I also started the deep massage in this time.

FWIW I have found that running the Sheiko programs (lighter weights, higher volume) has coincided with just about all my injuries going away

Great advice, and I have certainly found that the lower weights/higher volume has lessened the soreness in the elbows/shoulders as well as allowing me to continue weights 5-6 days a week, albeit not allowing the injuries to heal, but not getting any worse, really. I'm gonna have to start doing the broomstick exercises again.

Yeah I was doing about 180 reps a day with the broomstick.

I hear you that you can't stop training, but any chance you could cut down your program to 3 days a week, while it heals?

My physio mentioned using needles to directly irritate the affected tendons, to provoke an inflammatory healing response. I didn't do that but it was why I started trying to irritate the tendons from the outside. I think it helped but any healing happened very slowly.

And have faith that it will ultimately go away. About 12 months in my case, if that gives you any indication

Has anyone actually "cured" thier Tennis Elbow? My husband has been getting treatment for over a year and now finally getting scans done on his elbow.
He is still fully intent on not stopping his lifting routine.

I had re-occurring tennis elbow when I was around 28~30, took a lot of anti inflammatories, wore a stupid brace.

some smart bloke suggested I do a lot of grip work, that was great advice for me, never had an issue since.

Rub the tender spot every chance he can get, for as long as possible and as many times a day as possible. In private, in public, on the bus, sitting on the dunny.. doesn't matter!

I had re-occurring tennis elbow when I was around 28~30, took a lot of anti inflammatories, wore a stupid brace.

some smart bloke suggested I do a lot of grip work, that was great advice for me, never had an issue since.
What sorts ofbgrip work did you do?

What sorts ofbgrip work did you do?

Wrist curls primarily Kaz and the pronated version.

i would find a seat where my hips were higher than the knee, this helps as it keep the resistance constant throughout the rep, with a barbell or DB I'd curl the bar (squeeze) for two seconds, slowly lower, towards the end I'd extend the fingers (like letting the roll down my hand) then curl my fingers back up until the bar is back into the palm, then continue the rep, I'd keep going until fatigue, one set is usually enough.

id then do the pronated version.

did this every day