• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

HIIT training

I do:
5 exercise stations
1 Minute at each station
30 seconds rest between

Mostly bodyweight exercises but I always incorporate KB's and now ropes.

Hill sprints
Speed drills in the pool
Interval rowing (or xtrainer)
Interval skipping
Interval cycling (outside, on a bike & not the steroid variety) lol

You can make anything into HIIT. When boxing, all of my bag work becomes a HIIT session all on its own. Be creative, mix it up.

Hill sprints will destroy you :)

Sprints (park, treadmill, whatever) - I just made a 25min music set I made that goes from soft to heavy songs for on off and mix it up between 1min off 1min of, 1min off, 30sec on, 2min rest, etc.

Rower: 10secons hard, 30seconds slow/normal always was fun

Weights do tabata which I believe is 20sec on, 10sec rest for like 8 - 10sets.

Boxing is great for HIIT too.

Make up whatever you like really its just On/Off.

I did sets on the treadmill 1 minute fast run 1 minute slow jog and ex bike 1.30 steady pace 30 seconds flat out. All done for 20 mintes.

Best is hill sprints, jog back down, sit ups then sprint again. Find the biggest hill possible

hill sprints or just interval sprints (great on sand), tabata thrusters (squat w ohp), tabata burpees, tabata power cleans.

Yep as everyone else has pointed out it can be done with just about anything, use your imagination and come up with something for you which will be fun and over and done with in 20-30mins and your all good, I find sprints, or hill sprints to be the best outdoors or the rower is fantastic when in a gym, the you also have all you exercises like pushups, crunches, pullups, squats etc etc.

When FinanceFirst is a bit quieter, the missus and I take turns doing 20m sled runs for 15-20 minutes. Might do some active rest skipping as well. The plus is that it's actually fun - we don't have a sled, so we have to sit on a 30-40cm diameter wooden disc and you slide along haha.

Otherwise, see above.

Don't know if this fits in but try Bas Rutten all round workout.

29 mins no rest, shadow boxing, jumping squats, lunges, pushups, sprawls, sit ups, hill climbers, tuck jumps.

It's a killer workout but fun.

Here's a demo from Bas himself.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HN6drtmomCo]Bas Rutten All Round Workout from MMAyou.com - YouTube[/ame]

Hahaha, I love watching Bas videos, especially his tutorial for pub survival or about being a bouncer or something like that, hilarious!!!!

Yep, the good thing about El Guapo (Bas Rutten) is he makes you laugh. I've got almost all his stuff.

I do 12-14 mins of HIIT on the cardio. 1 min at 7.5 followed by 3o seconds at 15-17 speed.
It makes me sweat and has helped me to ensure I keep the muscle.

During my weight loss period I did early morning sessions on empty stomach :)

Before you start home exercise heated up your body and get ready for exercise, this exercise is for stomach area, arms and even include your back and neck area, Falls are alternative to creating chest area and arms muscle tissue....

Don't forget the cardio