• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

10 Steps to Lifelong Happiness

Bella

Babycakes
Happiness begins with a choice. So many people are waiting to feel happy. They think they will be happy 'when they've done this' or 'achieved that'.

But the truth is, enduring happiness is not a result of the things you have done, accomplished or achieved, but rather, the person you have chosen to be & become.

1. Take A Chance

The first & most important step in becoming the best you can be, is to simply decide to be that person. Most people find plenty of excuses to avoid being honest with themselves about who they are & what they really want from life. Make the choice to own up to your true potential & step into your brilliance.

2. Let It Go

Don't waste energy trying to change or alter things that are well beyond your control. Instead, focus on the things that are in your influence & find a peaceful acceptance of the rest.

3. Live For Now

Don't live in the past, blaming your current reality on experiences from childhood, early adulthood, or even something that happened last week. At the same time, don't be so busy dreaming of your future that you overlook or waste the opportunities that are presented to you today. Its important to accept the past, have goals for the future, but to always live in the moment.

4. Expect The Best

If you believe things will turn out well, they usually do. Likewise if you expect to be disappointed or let down, it's highly likely, that will be your experience. Being optimistic is not about being naive or ignorant about potentially negative outcomes. On the contrary, optimism is about expectation : expect the best from life & it will deliver.

5. Back Yourself

One of the most important ingredients in creating any success in life, is to believe in it. You need to learn to believe in your idea's, dreams & yourself. Other people will always try to lead you away from your dreams, not because they don't want you to be happy, but because they are governed by their own fear, self doubt & limiting beliefs. When you truly believe & set the wheels in motion & create action, it's amazing what becomes possible.

6. Give All You Can

Be generous, not just with gifts & the material things, but also with how you give of yourself. To be generous, you need to give of your time, energy & spirit. Also be generous in your assessment of others. What you give, will determine what you receive.

7. Get Out Of The Way

So many people don't take ownership of the myriad of possibilities in their lives. They constantly blame other people, other times & other situations for their circumstances. The ONLY person who can really hold you back in life, is you. Overcome your limiting beliefs, idea's & attitudes & give yourself permission to shine.

8. Be Grateful

Very few people genuinely don't have enough money to get by & yet so many affluent, healthy people constantly talk about all the things they don't have. A 'poverty mentality' is a serious affliction. When you focus on how much you already have & how grateful you are for the life you've got, your true desires will be easily met. You will also discover how little you genuinely need.

9. Keep It Up

It won't always be easy to do, be or have everything you want in life, but if your desires are genuine, over time these things will begin to come to you with greater ease. Don't give up, or choose a more complacent path should this take longer than you might have wished. If you are committed to being the best you can be, then you're already becoming that person.

10. Be Brave

If you want to be the best you can be, you need to do the 'right' thing, not the 'easy' thing. The principle of courage, revolves around doing the 'right' things for you & having the courage to actually do it. Even if at the outset, it seems & feels like the hardest thing in the world.

Extract from : Domonique Bertolucci, "The Happiness Code"

Did You Know :Australia is the fourth happiest country on the planet? After Iceland, Denmark, Sweden & Holland, according to nationmaster.com :)

Did You Know :Australia is the fourth happiest country on the planet? After Iceland, Denmark, Sweden & Holland, according to nationmaster.com :)

fourth happiest after 1 iceland 2 denmark 3 sweden 4 holland? Typo? :p

The rest sounds okay. I think some people would be a lot happier if they learned to block out negative shit or things they aren't in control of.

fourth happiest after 1 iceland 2 denmark 3 sweden 4 holland? Typo? :p

The rest sounds okay. I think some people would be a lot happier if they learned to block out negative shit or things they aren't in control of.

Sweden & Holland tied for 3rd place :p

That means we are 5th then.

lol Bazza I knew you'd love this list :p

Well we're the fifth country, I guess. But ranked the fourth happiest, because Sweden & Holland tied for third spot & are both listed as the third happiest countries.

Farrrrkkkk lol

How's the holiday? Any cream bun pictures??? THAT would make me exceedingly happy Bazza? Please refer to number 6 on the above list :p

5 Keys to Happiness.

1. Lots of Safe Sex.
2. Laughter.
3. Keep people with bad characters out of your life.
4. Train everyday.
5. Repeat.

lol Bazza I knew you'd love this list :p

Well we're the fifth country, I guess. But ranked the fourth happiest, because Sweden & Holland tied for third spot & are both listed as the third happiest countries.

Farrrrkkkk lol

How's the holiday? Any cream bun pictures??? THAT would make me exceedingly happy Bazza? Please refer to number 6 on the above list :p

Holiday good. Eating way too much, feeling fat as a house but very happy about it. No pics. I keep shoving stuff into my face before I think to take a photo. Might take some later today.

Holiday good. Eating way too much, feeling fat as a house but very happy about it. No pics. I keep shoving stuff into my face before I think to take a photo. Might take some later today.

lol fat as a house? I doubt it lol But good man :p

Pics of cream buns would please me! lol

Did you go away somewhere lovely Bazza? Or just enjoying downtime at home?

A lot of people spend way too much time worrying about things that never happen. Me included. Ever since I've learnt to let go of the things I cannot control, I have become way cruisier. So number 2 particularly resonates with me. And being grateful, yes! Ungrateful people always seem to be narky and a real drag to be around. They can also be rather self destructive.

Bella is looking for apenis
X

Fckn lol

Its on my list for Santa's consideration Andy lol

I see what you did there! If you were saying it with a french accent, I'd believe you weren't being completely filthy! :D

Last edited: