• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

3 new products and more on our 'Purity Guranteed' labels

Exactly right. So if there is an understanding of our Purity Guaranteed range it is that doses in there are doses that were used and proven in studies - not numbers we have come up with randomly.

If you click on the study / link we posted near "Zinc" for the Test Max product, you will see that Zinc was effective at 3mg per kg. So basing this on a 100kg guy, this brings it to 300mg.

Don't quote me on this but perhaps 30mg is for the average every day person taking their multivitamins not really pushing their bodies to the limits as we do in the gym?
Zinc levels were heavily affected in the athletes that were used in the study. 3mg per kg is what was found to bring them back to normal.

I've just noticed thsi contains 300mg of zinc sulphate per 12g serve. This seems very excessive, seeing as the typical zinc supplement is only 30mg.

Any rationale behind this??

Also, with this high a dose of zinc, the product should include some copper.

Hi Pistachio,

Your question has further got us thinking.

The typical 30mg that you hear about would most likely be Zinc Picolinate.

All different kinds of Zinc have different bioavailability.
One of the most bioavailable forms is Zinc Picolinate, this is the one we use in the ZMA.
For each mg of Zinc Picolinate taken, 50% is elemental zinc, which is very high and once in the body it is absorbed very well.

Forms such as Zinc Sulphate have much less elemental zinc and worse bioavailability, so to get the same amount of actual zinc, the dose needs to be much higher.

The next question of course would be, so why did you use this form of zinc?
The reason was that we wanted to utilise the exact compounds and doses used in studies to best ensure this product works.
While this is likely equivalent to 40-50mg of Zinc Picolinate, the best data came from studies using Zinc Sulphate.

I'll have to calculate the exact figures but off the top of my head I think 300mg of Zinc Sulphate would be equivalent to 40 - 50mg of Zinc Picolinate.
In short a less pure and less bioavailable form means a higher dose is required.

Regarding the 30mg typical zinc dose being standard. If you are referring to 30mg of elemental zinc then that usually means the actual amount of zinc taken in form of a supplement needs to be quite a bit higher, if you want 30mg of actual zinc.

- Bulk Nutrients.

Got some more whey and test max to try. I am not really a fan of taking test supps, if you want to increase test, just use test. :D

However, I thought I'd give this a go because I am cutting, and wanted to see what results it'd have.

- Flavour - thicker than your typical drink, but it's really quite good considering some of those ingredients raw would taste like ass. Put a block of ice in, 250-350ml of water and you're set. BN have done a great job here.

- Efficacy - only used it for a few days, so still early days. I have a naturally high libido without taking anything. This definitely doesn't help the cause. Yesterday I had to pop 3 times just to keep my fella below half mast for the day and so I could fricken concentrate on work!

I'll report back after a few weeks of use.

I know all of this is off topic, but I am curious to see what this does to the taste of your liquid white gold - may have to take in extra pineapple juice to be safe. :D

I know all of this is off topic, but I am curious to see what this does to the taste of your liquid white gold - may have to take in extra pineapple juice to be safe. :D

Since you have already wasted three shots may be do a before and after taste test review. Once done report back and let us know.:p

Hey Guys, new to the forum. Noted the sensible input and reliable responses from Bulk nutrients and thought someone may be able to help....

Considering starting finestride for some developing MPB. Held off this for quite a while out of concern for reported side effects.

Considering starting now and wondered if anyone had any opinions on how the use of Test Max would affect hormone levels.

My thinking goes;

Finestride blocks conversion of testosterone to DHT
DHT is active elsewhere to muscle tissue
DHT helps balance estrogen.
Reported problems with Finetride and therefore lowering DHT are;
-1- Loss of sex drive
-2- Problems with high oestrogen ie development of gyno

Test Max ingredients are shown to lower estrogen to compensate for the loss of estrogen blocking DHT

Fniestride should not interfere with muscle / strength gains as testosterone is the active hormone in muscle tissue

Test Max ingredients are shown to lower estrogen to compensate for the loss of estrogen blocking DHT

If finestride is to have an effect on weight training i believe it is more related to a loss of aggression / motivation or CNS "drive" from reduced DHT. Pre-workout 101 should hopefully help compensate for any loss ?

The final issue would be loss of sex drive / erectile issues. I believe that DHT is more important here than Testosterone, but would lowered estrogen and raised Test help compensate for lowered DHT at all.

Is this just wishful thinking.... ? Any opinions valued

Happy Australia Day

I know it has been a busy time with floods and Australia Day... But no one has any opinion or thoughts on how taking test max would interact / affect finestride ?

Or I guess I could have just said "bump"

I know it has been a busy time with floods and Australia Day... But no one has any opinion or thoughts on how taking test max would interact / affect finestride ?

Or I guess I could have just said "bump"

Sorry bud know nothing of the MPB drug, but I wouldn't take E reducers unless your E gets high. So keep an eye on it with bloods? I personally knocked my E right down with a combination of this stuff and low or high E isn't good. Give your Finestride thing a go if you're set on it for MPB - sounds like you've researched it and are committed to it?

As for PWO. See how you go first, try a coffee and banana, try no PWO and get a few samples of PWOs, plenty to try. If worried about CNS. I can't remember which but Alpha GPC or L Cartinine or something like that is useful as a CNS stim.

Thanks for the input, and no worries with having no knowledge of MPB, i wish i could saythe same ! ;)

I'm not looking at e blockers specifically, but had read that the active ingredients in the bulk nutrients new test booster product called test max had all been shown to lower E, as well as increase test.

If they do cause a clinically significant decrease in E this may not be a good thing, in someone with already low E levels, however in the case of combining if with finestride, which blocks the conversion of testosterone to dht, and dht acting as an anti estrogeninc normally, I thought in this case it may be a good thing, by keeping E levels normal, and not letting them elevate. Hopefully that very long sentence made sense to someone ?!

As you mentioned, probably no way to be sure short of blood work which I'm not sure my local gp will approve of !

Got some more whey and test max to try. I am not really a fan of taking test supps, if you want to increase test, just use test. :D

However, I thought I'd give this a go because I am cutting, and wanted to see what results it'd have.

- Flavour - thicker than your typical drink, but it's really quite good considering some of those ingredients raw would taste like ass. Put a block of ice in, 250-350ml of water and you're set. BN have done a great job here.

- Efficacy - only used it for a few days, so still early days. I have a naturally high libido without taking anything. This definitely doesn't help the cause. Yesterday I had to pop 3 times just to keep my fella below half mast for the day and so I could fricken concentrate on work!

I'll report back after a few weeks of use.

ANY REVIEWS ON CELERY & PINAAPPLE JUICE + TESTMAX from your missus ? :)