• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

3 new products and more on our 'Purity Guranteed' labels

Mick,

You'll be surprised at how good the Test Max tastes considering there are all those raw ingredients in there. We think we have the flavour spot on.
When you take into consideration also that this really isn't a "drink" like your BCAA's where one would be sipping on over an hour, "flavour perfection" would matter even less with something like this where you pretty much take it as a 'shot' much like you are taking your daily vitamins in capsule form. Even still, it tastes great!

It doesn't matter when you take it. If you prefer, about an hour to 30mins before a workout is fine. You only need to be consistent in taking your 12g dose everyday. After a while, I don't think it matters.

Let me know if you require more information, Mick.

Bulk Nutrients.

Last edited:
Some questions regarding the testmax.

In the writeup you linked to the pubmed studies regarding the effects of fenugreek on increasing testosterone, but it was actually the patented version of the fenugreek extract 'testofen' which is standardized to 50% fenusides. So are you using generic fenugreek or an standardized extract in your product?

Secondly the ARA I may be outdated but isnt that a product that's patented by a Supp company in the US or is generic versions available now? if so, will you be stocking bulk ARA? It seems a very interesting and promising product having used the original X factor a few years back.

3rdly with nettle root extracts many of the companies insist on stressing the fact that their nettle root exdtracts are focused primarily on exracts of 3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran which is supposedly the main factor of nettle root responsible for increasing free test.

Do you have any information on the % of your product that's extracted that that or is it just a general wide spectrum extract? Also what are your thoughts about their claims with 3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran?
Cheers

Some questions regarding the testmax.

In the writeup you linked to the pubmed studies regarding the effects of fenugreek on increasing testosterone, but it was actually the patented version of the fenugreek extract 'testofen' which is standardized to 50% fenusides. So are you using generic fenugreek or an standardized extract in your product?

Secondly the ARA I may be outdated but isnt that a product that's patented by a Supp company in the US or is generic versions available now? if so, will you be stocking bulk ARA? It seems a very interesting and promising product having used the original X factor a few years back.

3rdly with nettle root extracts many of the companies insist on stressing the fact that their nettle root exdtracts are focused primarily on exracts of 3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran which is supposedly the main factor of nettle root responsible for increasing free test.

Do you have any information on the % of your product that's extracted that that or is it just a general wide spectrum extract? Also what are your thoughts about their claims with 3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran?
Cheers

Hi Shinpathy,

Firstly it is really refreshing that people such as yourself are asking indepth questions like these and not just asking about "the pump" for a certain product. This is exactly what we want to see in the industry so thank you.

We are not using the patented version of Fenugreek, however we believe ours is very similar in terms of composition. I will see if we can get validation on the fenusides content - this may not be possible though.
I have heard about the patent existing with Arachadonic Acid, however this certainly hasn't stopped us sourcing it. I am not sure if this patent is active in Australia or in other countries apart from the U.S.

We do hope to offer this in pure form, however our current stocks are low so our priority will be utilising it for Text Max first.

Hopefully within a few months we will offer it for sale independently.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that you may be asking what the
3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran content is of the nettle root. Again we don't have verification here in regards to the levels, however we can request it. That said we have never had an issue with our extract supplier and the quality as well as the spec demanded is always high. Our Nettle Root is a 10-1 Extract which is quite concentrated as far as that goes.
Please send any more information through in regards to the
3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran being the active compound here though as I will certainly look into it further.

Thanks again for these questions. It is very rare we have customers write wanting such detail.

Regards,

Bulk Nutrients.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Hey Bulk Nutrients,

Got a series of questions on Test Max, which is getting close to an "all in one". e.g. the Vit E - do you know the split of tocopherols vs. tocotrienols?

Want me to post them here or best to email the technical@bn email address?

Will be ordering some very shortly and will give it a 3 month run starting January 1, 2013, along with my new training log.

Hopefully I will do better in 2013 than what I did this year:rolleyes:

Been running the test Max for the last 5 days. Last couple of days libedo has increased significantly. 32m.

Can't also take a split dose as I can't sleep having it at night.

However I have normally 'iron guts' but this seriously destroys me within an hour of taking it.

I'd be interested in giving the test supplement a go. Similar to Big Mick, I didn't mind the previous combinations of supps, but it was far too laborious taking it all twice a day.

*Pre Workout 101 update!*

Due to this being our most Frequently Asked Question for the past few weeks now, we have made this a priority and will be released on WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 9TH.

Over the past 3 months we have been extremely busy testing and refining our Pre Workout 101.

We are very happy with the combination of Amino Acids used, and consider it a real market leader in terms of effective amino acids at proper verified doses - as per our information here: http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/assets/pdf/PreWorkout-101.pdf something which is seriously lacking from the market.

Refining the stimulant combination has been a very complicated exercise. It has involved testing tens of thousands of dollars’ worth of ingredient, mass spectrometry to analyse existing products and compounds, and a very skilled organic chemist.

Many myths have been broken and we have made some great progress into stimulants, MAO inhibition and so on.

We have reached the stage where we are satisfied that the stimulant combination is effective and will release the product. Saying that, there is a likelihood the stimulant combination will be further refined to be more powerful once more testing is done.

A date for this can't be confirmed, however if the formula changes, customers will be made aware of it by a very clear message on the website.

If you are considering holding off until the further refined version is available, we can't provide any solid date as to when this may be. If you have been waiting to buy this product we would recommend purchasing it once available on Wednesday 9th of January.

The formula being released has already shown to be very beneficial for those involved in beta testing.

- The Bulk Nutrients Team.

Will you bump this thread on wednesday?

Are you expecting to have decent stock?

Want to order a few things, will wait till Wednesday I guess.

*Pre Workout 101 update*

Available 3pm today!

IMPORTANT TO PLEASE NOTE MINOR CHANGES FOR THE BETTER...

there have been a few adjustments to the Pre Workout 101 when formulating it, the biggest one THE CHANGE IN CAFFEINE RATIO.
All other changes are very minor with the team playing with different extract strengths to get our desired result. Again, all for an improved product.

The main change which will be reflected on the label and website is the INCREASE IN CAFFEINE. The Caffeine per dose is 150mg, rather than the original 50mg.
The increased dose was really important due to the inactivity of the PEA's and MAO inhibitours having little effect.
This combination does work a lot better than simply using 150mg of caffeine, however it really only started getting effective when the caffeine was raised.

Please note, the labels, website, pdf etc will all be updated before anything goes out.
http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/buy/pre-workout-101/PW101

- The Bulk Nutrients Team.

Test Max confirmation - available tomorrow, 11am!

31614_375541569200226_981317525_n.jpg

I've just noticed thsi contains 300mg of zinc sulphate per 12g serve. This seems very excessive, seeing as the typical zinc supplement is only 30mg.

Any rationale behind this??

Also, with this high a dose of zinc, the product should include some copper.

I've just noticed thsi contains 300mg of zinc sulphate per 12g serve. This seems very excessive, seeing as the typical zinc supplement is only 30mg.

Any rationale behind this??

Also, with this high a dose of zinc, the product should include some copper.

I am no expert by a long shot, but I think if you read the purity link in relation to the product posted here earlier is that this product contains 'proven dosages' that have been proven to show results in medical studies conducted.

But 300mg seems a lot if the usual serving is 30mg!?!? But I know stuff all about this, I am sure BN will explain it better.