• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Gaele Stripped of WBA title for taking Mundine Fight!!!!

Love it. Otke has a special place in my heart for flooring Mundine. :D

mundine-ottke.jpg
ONe of the greatest moments of any Mundine fight..

I think Mundine's stupidity far outweighs any nasty intentions/views that he has. I've heard many reports that away from the cameras and press conferences he is much more likeable, generous and easy going. I know he was popular with his Dragons team-mates, so I think there is a bit more to him than meets the eye. Unfortunately, he's said so many controversial, offensive and embarrassing things that's easy to understand all the hate for him.

He should be justifiably proud of being able to transition from a top level league player to a high calibre boxer. However, whereas other athletes would be proud in a dignified, restrained way, he's latched on to this idea that he is the next Muhammad Ali. You can see it with all his press stuff throughout his boxing career. His third rate attempts at the Ali banter just make you cringe after a while.

Ultimately, he'll be remembered in a very negative way, not as the 'greatest of all time' as he proclaims. He was at his peak around 5-6 years ago when he had Roy Jones Sr training him for a few fights. He looked very polished and skilled at that time. He definitely could've made some sort of impact in the US then. I reckon his manager stuffed him around though. Khoder Nassar was managing SBW as well then, and you saw what he did in abandoning the Bulldogs. Just bad management, bad advice and a wasted talent, wasted career. Too many mediocre journeymen that he fought.

RIP Mundine's career.

Hold on a second DKD. Mundine, although he always showed the potential to be a high calibre boxer, never was one. He lost to the 4 biggest names he ever fought and 1 pathetic excuse for a boxer. Several of his wins are controversial at best and all his dominant victories were against hand picked has-beens, no-names and mugs.

I would argue he wasn't even a top level league player at the point where he left. Definitely was playing well and on the cusp of being a top level player, but he was surrounded by a lot of class at both clubs and all teams. He hadn't been around long enough to show his impact or influence on his own.

Hands down though, he is a great (albeit selfish and unethical) businessman. His finances are very healthy.

Apiewithhobohallelulahifeellikeacurrywouldyoubeintocomingouttodinner, the term high calibre was deliberately generic and subjective. It's all relative isn't it? I'm not suggesting he was high calibre in the way that Kostya Tzuyu was, I was making a point about how good of an athlete he was in 2 sports, and how he got carried away with that rather than being humble about it.

I'd acknowledge he wasn't at the very top level in League, say like Meninga, so maybe I coulda used a different term there. But I'm pretty sure he was a reserve for NSW in the Origin. Point is, he was at a very good level in both sports (relatively speaking).

As for his boxing results, I always thought one of his best performance was his loss to Mikkel Kessler. Kessler was/is an elite level boxer and Mundine gave him a tough fight. He'd just joined forces with Roy Jones Sr then as trainer, and he was a much improved fighter at that point. Soon after he looked pretty classy in dominating Danny Green.

At that point I thought he had the right trainer in his corner, his skills were getting refined and I was looking forward to him taking on the big names in the US. For whatever reason, it never eventuated. Then he went on the downslide and lost farcically to a bloody novice hack in Garth Wood.

It's all been a bit of a circus IMO.

Lets get two things straight of the bat:
1. Mundane was a great athlete. When he left high school he was offered a contract with the Sydney Kings to play Basketball. He was also offered a contract with St. George to play Rugby League and he could have been a Professional Boxer straight out of High School apparently. He chose Rugby League, a sport he wasn't as suited too due to it being a team sport (Mundane ain't no team player) and due to Mundane not being overly big. As the years went on Mundane was standing opposite increasingly bigger opponents, thus making it harder for him to maintain his high level in Rugby League.

2. Anthony Mundane is a great Dickhead (as is Money Bill Williams).

Last edited:
Apiewithhobohallelulahifeellikeacurrywouldyoubeintocomingouttodinner, the term high calibre was deliberately generic and subjective. It's all relative isn't it? I'm not suggesting he was high calibre in the way that Kostya Tzuyu was, I was making a point about how good of an athlete he was in 2 sports, and how he got carried away with that rather than being humble about it.

I'd acknowledge he wasn't at the very top level in League, say like Meninga, so maybe I coulda used a different term there. But I'm pretty sure he was a reserve for NSW in the Origin. Point is, he was at a very good level in both sports (relatively speaking).

As for his boxing results, I always thought one of his best performance was his loss to Mikkel Kessler. Kessler was/is an elite level boxer and Mundine gave him a tough fight. He'd just joined forces with Roy Jones Sr then as trainer, and he was a much improved fighter at that point. Soon after he looked pretty classy in dominating Danny Green.

At that point I thought he had the right trainer in his corner, his skills were getting refined and I was looking forward to him taking on the big names in the US. For whatever reason, it never eventuated. Then he went on the downslide and lost farcically to a bloody novice hack in Garth Wood.

It's all been a bit of a circus IMO.

I have issues with a couple of things you have written, but I feel it's more of a translation of text situation and that we might both be of the same opinion. Also I love the 12th man so you are now my favourite poster on this forum.