• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Feedback please - liquid egg whites

Kinross Muscle

Hi Everyone,

Kinross Muscle is committed to delivering a great quality liquid egg white product to bodybuilders. We'd really appreciate your thoughts and feedback so we can give you a product with all the qualities you want.

Below are the questions:

1. What size product would you prefer: 5kg, 2x2kg (4kg), 2kg or 1kg?

2. Where would you be likely to buy the product: at your gym, or at a supermarket?

3. What packaging would you prefer: bladder in a box, or bottle container?

Thank you in advance, we really appreciate you help with this one!

Kinross Muscle

Liquid egg whites in refrigerated form from a supermarket. Frozen tends to hold water after thawing.
Good luck getting into supermarkets, there's already 2 I know of on range.

Hey, KM!!

I'm with Kaz. I recently switched from frozen to refrigerated (in which case 1kg is big enough and a bottle would be good).

I use my egg whites for a heap of stuff but I now go with the refrigerated form because I can whip that up to make meringue and so it becomes more versatile to make a bigger variety of dishes (sweet and savoury).
If using raw in shakes etc you don't care about the condensation as it thaws but if cooking with them, you really do.

Would be great if you could produce some refrigerated ones.

There are 3 on the market in Coles and Woolies right now - 2 x frozen and 1 x refrigerated.

Having tried both frozen ones, I'd caution against the bottle unless it's pretty sturdy under different conditions. In all but one instance, the bottle cracked and leaked as it thawed in the fridge (plastic bottle). Luckily I had a dish under it just in case every time.

:)

I find the bags in te freezer are often cut when the shop assistants open the carton with a cutter, and you never k ow till it thaws!

But you are spot on Viv, thawed eggs are terrible for cooking. Too waterish :(

CCM or kaz, could you point me towards these 'refrigerated' egg whites? I've been using 'Golden Egg' egg whites from the frozen section, but I find that it never cooks that well either. Thanks :)

CCM or kaz, could you point me towards these 'refrigerated' egg whites? I've been using 'Golden Egg' egg whites from the frozen section, but I find that it never cooks that well either. Thanks :)

Woolies ... next to the carton of buttermilk in the milk fridge :)

I must be blind cos I don't think I've ever seen them :p

I'll have a closer look tomorrow.

They are small white and blue 600ml fresh egg whites,

I buy the cutting edge frozen ones- BUT.... They take like 2 days in the fridge to defrost, Retain alot of water, and the bladder is crap and leaks, also hard to store, So i ahve to move to a glass bottle.

then. The dont last long after they defrost. Mabey 4 days tops to be safe, And there like 1L. Quite a bit for 1 person.

So i say. make then in bottled or even juice carton in 500ml

Flavoured egg whites anyone???

^ strong whining in many of the above posts..

Zygold's frozen bottle form egg whites are great. If you want a cup of egg whites a day, you buy 2. One goes in the freezer, leave the other one on your kitchen bench while you unpack your groceries and cook dinner, then chuck it in the fridge when you're done.

The next morning you have 250ml's defrosted. You then use it, when you have 1 day left, you move the other one to the freezer. I have never had an issue with them being frozen or bottled.

They only last 4 days, but that's 250ml a day eg 30g protein per serve...

ps. Anyway, to answer your questions: you would be most likely to buy them at a supermarket, or a supplement store and least likely at your gym (I believe everyone is dubious of products sold at gyms - they mainly sell marketing guff products like horley's).

I would sell it in a bottled form, not the flimsy carton.

Minimum 1L - above that would start getting dodgy with how long it could last in the fridge I imagine.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkJ6OScQshI&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Rooster Crowing - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Just another quick one, SydKing you mentioned Flavoured egg whites.

Would anyone be interested in these? E.g. Chocolate, Vanilla etc in a liquid rather than frozen in a ready to drink packaging?

I dont know about ready to drink... Not for me anyways haha

But liquid egg whites with, Chicken chilli, Or Parmasan Basil, ect.

Chocaolate and other sweet floavours would be good for pancakes, Oats ect

Noting people cant to at home, Though if the prodcut is good and it proves to be conveinet im all for it.

Thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Just another quick one, SydKing you mentioned Flavoured egg whites.

Would anyone be interested in these? E.g. Chocolate, Vanilla etc in a liquid rather than frozen in a ready to drink packaging?

not me, I prefer plain as flavoured limits options for use.
They are quite popular overseas though so should work well here too.