• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

SMH - Doctor sanctions steroids

sure, but that's the fine line...
as a cyclist you should remember the guys who had hear attacks from various doping and other things..
had they not died, they probably would have done pretty well on the tour :D

carl lewis... never took anything illegal :)

there will always be people so driven that they are prepared to f#ck up the rest of their life (or to nearly die), just to have that moment of glory (or payout)

with PED's it's either open slather, or nothing...
for easily available things like caffiene, still there are testable limits

Yeah but they died lol
It's like on BB.com everyone was discussing how awesome Andreas Munzer looked on stage and what stack he was taking and how he cut weight lmao

Carl Lewis? Never took steroids - you serious? I thought it was unearthed that he did, and it was covered up. I saw it in the doco 'bigger stronger faster'.

A great doco, by the way:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApmX8Q0vqKI]BIGGER, STRONGER, FASTER PART 1 - YouTube[/ame]

Carl Lewis and a number of the other US track and field athletes needed braces on their teeth when they underwent "adult growth spurts". The good old US of Acromegaly. Ben Johnson's mistake appears to have been his running under a maple leaf flag.

i thougth whatever he was taking at the time, was not considered illegal yet? could be completely wrong tho...

no, what he took to get a positive was illegal at time, although not today.

He should have been given a 3 month ban, but US officials did nothing.

A teamate (Robionson) also suggested he saw Lewis being injectd with testosterone.

In late 1989, Robinson gave an interview with Stern in West Germany accusing a number of figures in American track and field of using and distributing performance-enhancing drugs.[12] In October, The Athletics Congress (later USA Track & Field) had allowed the voluntary resignation of Robinson's former coach Chuck DeBus for giving banned substances to his athletes. Robinson said in Stern that, while staying at his house in 1982, he had seen Carl Lewis inject himself with a white fluid – what he believed to be testosterone. Furthermore, he said he had seen Tom Tellez (Lewis' coach) distribute blue pills to his athletes and claimed that these were banned steroids. Robinson had begun training with Bob Kersee in 1987 and he claimed that the coach had advised him on steroid use and given him two types of tablets; Anavar and Dianabol. Robinson also claimed that he had personally sold a 10-cubic centimetre vial of human growth hormone to Florence Griffith-Joyner in March 1988, just months before she ran two world records and won an Olympic gold medal.[13]
Lewis levelled a libel suit worth US$182 million against the German magazine in December 1989.[14] Griffith-Joyner, Tellez and Bob Kersee denied the claims, but Florence Griffith-Joyner did not issue legal proceedings.[15] The accused questioned Robinson's motives in that he received $50,000 for the interview with Stern, as well as $10,000 for appearing on Today on NBC to discuss the matter. Robinson was also close friends with Charlie Francis – the former coach of Ben Johnson.[13]
The accusations brought about the end of Robinson's career at the age of 25 as he was largely blacklisted by promoters on the European track circuit. In spite of this, he stood by the statements he had made in his interviews. His personal life grew increasingly difficult after his retirement. One of his children was beaten to death by its mother and when his daughter, by another woman, moved to Canada he was blocked from seeing her. An attempt to take his daughter back to the United States resulted in charges for assault and abduction, and he served five months in jail. He began seeing a psychiatrist in Tacoma, but twice attempted suicide in 1996. He married former US skiier Lisl Hager in the late 1990s and retreated from public life, refusing to take calls from the press and asking to be left alone.[16]

Last edited:
It was the Santa Monica Track Club, that Carl Lewis and Leroy Burrel made famous. Alot of the track club had adult braces. Carl Lewis now suffers from chronic degenerative arthritis - is that a side effect of HGH?

When Ben Johnson and Carl Lewis were competing Lewis was one of the more vocal anti-drug campaigners. Just happened he was using a "smarter" or harder drug to detect than Johnson was.

gotta admit I always thought there was something dodgy about Carl Lewis even before knowing all this other stuff.

Here is one of Lewis's classics, although pales when compared to his arrogance in 1980s. This from a man who should not have even been allowed to run in 1988.

Carl Lewis: Usain Bolt won?t match me and retain his sprint title in London - Other Events - Olympics - London Evening Standard

Carl Lewis claims Usain Bolt will struggle to match his own feat of defending the 100m Olympic title.
The American is the only man to do so – winning gold in 1984 and 1988 – and is unconvinced of Bolt’s enduring legacy.
“It’s very rare to repeat success,” said Lewis. “To win two Olympic 100m titles, nobody else has ever done it. History defines the greatest. You need longevity and consistency. I had an 18-year career.”
Ben Johnson, who initially beat Lewis across the line to win 100m gold in Seoul before being exposed as a drugs cheat, is also begrudging about the Jamaican, even claiming that he could match Bolt’s times if he was running today.
“I was 50 years ahead of my time,” he said. “Bolt now is doing stuff I was capable of. What he’s running on, these fast tracks they’re building now, I could have run.”
While speaking to Johnson and Lewis, which I did for my forthcoming book, The Dirtiest Race In History, about Seoul, it was impossible not to notice that both are preoccupied by Bolt.
Asked to assess the Jamaican’s amazing times, Lewis said enigmatically: “Time will tell!”
Johnson and Lewis despised one another. In contrast, Bolt and his rivals seem almost close. When Justin Gatlin, the 2004 Olympic 100m champion, suggested Bolt might be beatable, Bolt prefixed his response with: “I don’t want to sound rude.”
Johnson and Lewis had no such qualms. “My intention is to kick his butt,” said Johnson on the eve of their showdown in Seoul.
Gatlin said “great competition” will keep the public more interested than a continuation of “the Usain Bolt show”, and on this, at least, Lewis agrees. “You need rivalries,” said the nine-time Olympic gold medallist. “I understood the importance of that. And I worked it.”
The 100m was damaged in Seoul, and, with other drugs cheats exposed in the intervening years, including Gatlin and Britain’s 1992 champion Linford Christie, an air of suspicion surrounds whoever claims to be the world’s fastest man. This presents “a challenge” in selling the sport, said Lewis.
Johnson, who used steroids for seven years, said: “The 100m is still tainted. No doubt about that. That’s the way it is. The more money you put on the table, the more tainted.”
Even in the modern era, with improved testing?
“Different era, different time zone, same thing. Same 100m. Everybody wants to be the fastest man.”