• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bulgarian method article on t-nation

is it just me or is every one of oni's posts edited by kaz?
pls respond kaz

I'm glad we have someone sweeping up behind Oni, imagine the damage he could do without Kaz editing all the BS.

On a serious note cat that wrote the article is pretty strong.

Every second.

why?
I saw the Original post and it had nothing wrong with it.

Mods shouldn't go around editting every second post made by someone just because they have something against them.

He is a very good member and I like how he puts up with my arguments and makes good reasons for what he says. Kinda like gooby

The Bulgarian era of training is nothing short of amazing. Ultimately when you cut through it all, the system was developed to further control the people during the rise and fall of communism. They did this by offering the rewards of travel and freedom of speech should you be able to survive (literally) the insane training load.

I seriously wonder how many people were killed or seriously injured training this system and were just never documented and recorded.

The Bulgarian era of training is nothing short of amazing. Ultimately when you cut through it all, the system was developed to further control the people during the rise and fall of communism. They did this by offering the rewards of travel and freedom of speech should you be able to survive (literally) the insane training load.

I seriously wonder how many people were killed or seriously injured training this system and were just never documented and recorded.

Killed by training like this. Lol are you serious.

Also thought you were not coming back here anymore because how shit ausbb is or something like that.

Killed by training like this. Lol are you serious.

Also thought you were not coming back here anymore because how shit ausbb is or something like that.

Think about the time of Communism, the level of primitive drug use and the desperation to leave the country.

I think you are full of shit. Has nothing to do with communism!

I accidentally did something along the lines of the Bulgarian method for a few months - I say accidentally, because I came from doing generic bb'ing stuff and had no concept of programming for strength and just kinda made it up.

For me in that situation, it worked fucking well - healthy gains in strength, despite the fact I was dieting down at the time and dropped ~6kg. But I should add I also do intermittent fasting.

Working up to handling maximal weights ~6 days a week did wonders for my confidence and technique. And once adapted honestly it felt less taxing than 531 is for me now, which has me often feeling a bit 'beat-up' and far less confident handling near-maximal weights.

After another few cycles of 531 (with a bit of modification), I intend on doing the Bulgarian method for a 6-week block, and then evaluate what to do after that.

Last edited:
I think you are full of shit. Has nothing to do with communism!

Actually it does. It was discontinued with the fall of the government and Abadjiev initially started adding lots of training sessions to keep his lifters busy so they couldn't party away their career

At the time of Bulgarian success, the Russians dominated heavier divs but with much lighter traning methods.