• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Bodysolid series 7 smith

Drifter

Does anyone have any experience with this piece of kit?

I'm tempted to sell my powertec rack and ironmaster bench and buy one of these with the bodysolid FID bench.

It has a smith and also the external gun rack, I could even get the lat option, so I wouldn't be losing any functionality, but I would gain the smith set up for when training alone/only wanting to target a specific muscle group without stabilisers.

The other option would be to look at the powertec multi-press, but space wise I think the body solid would be better.

Does anyone have any experience with this piece of kit?

I'm tempted to sell my powertec rack and ironmaster bench and buy one of these with the bodysolid FID bench.

It has a smith and also the external gun rack, I could even get the lat option, so I wouldn't be losing any functionality, but I would gain the smith set up for when training alone/only wanting to target a specific muscle group without stabilisers.

The other option would be to look at the powertec multi-press, but space wise I think the body solid would be better.
but why?

I dont like the bodysolid bench, too narrow at the top. I wouldn't buy a smith machine either, the fixed groove doesnt promote natural movement paths... why not just a rack.... you can train alone with them.

I've got a rack, and I use it, I just thought that the gun rack and long spotters would perform a similar function?

And I'd have the added functionality of a smith.

you do realize smith machines are bad for your joins because them force an unnatural line of motion

you do realize smith machines are bad for your joins because them force an unnatural line of motion

I'll do a bit more research before any decisions are made.

Would this reasoning apply to all machines or just the smith?

I've been eyeing the powertec multipress for a year, but if the restricted ROM is going to cause injuries (which I seem to be prone to these days) then it rules it out.