• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
If there isn't a massive conflict of interest there in the family then there never will be, a top horse trainer and a big corporate bookmaker son...

Andrew Johns tells Singo that Tom Waterhouse told him More Joyous is "off" before it races. Singo goes ballistic on National Television accusing the Waterhouse clan of everything under the sun. Two days later Andrew Johns turns up at Singo's house, barefoot and hadn't slept for days, tells Singo "he may have embellished the story".

The Johns brothers - gang bangs, cocaine, tall tales. Channel 9 should pay them more not sack them :D

OK the horses have started their preps ith a lot resuming in the coming weeks, generally a tough time for punters and looking at Memsie over 1400m it is far from easy, a tough tough race....

Well it's time Turnbull Stakes day this week,not to mention a BIG Race Card in Sydney with 3 Group 1 races 2 Group 2 and a group 3, pretty much one of the best days of racing in Syndey they hold only bettered by derby Day held in Melbourne...

Anyone interested????

Well it's time Turnbull Stakes day this week,not to mention a BIG Race Card in Sydney with 3 Group 1 races 2 Group 2 and a group 3, pretty much one of the best days of racing in Syndey they hold only bettered by derby Day held in Melbourne...

Anyone interested????

Oath. Will do my balls as per usual no doubt, but one day I might tin arse a winner!

Slipper day is up there to, about the same amount of group races as Derby Day I think.

Race 9 i am liking Platelet, second up and gets to her pet distance over 1200m, multipul group 1 winning over 1200. Spirit of Boom very rarely runs a bad race but is a bit of a non winner.

I would be amazed if platelet beat spirit of boom home.

But good luck to you.

The group one races platelet won were ordinary fields. Stradbroke form much better.

My main concern is lack of pace in race given few speed horses, and whether spirit of boom gets too far back. Steps in Time might get an easy run in front.

I suspect Hall has done his homework and wont be too far away from Sessions, main danger.

Last edited:
Cant believe that platelet beat me, especially with Payne on board; had a big bet each way on spirit of boom.

I have had a great day though.

Yeah was a good win and I built a nice little bank with her getting up, but I also had a nise E/W go a at Chloe in Paris and Catkins, stayed away from the Turnbull luckily, Bob an in Sydney was the only bet I had up there and Lankan rupee last night at the Valley which got me in front, had a couple of smaller bets which didn't go anywhere last night and missed on Moudre today but still a nice little bank bbuilder having into the carnival....

yes, I had catkins each way and Boban as well.

Only race I did not get money back or profit from was turnbull; had puissance de lune and smaller win bets on fiorente and hawkspur. great race though.

OK Caulfield Gunieas day tomorrow, which is usually a pretty good days racing but this year seems to have attracted some pretty ordinary fields IMO

Race 1 - stay away from unless you want a guess, no form to go by so maybe follow the betting if you really want a lash, but i will be staying well clear

Race 2 - Good betting race,but am liking Cosmic Endeavour, who ran 4th behind Thump and Miracles of Life in the Champange, could also make cases for Bulbula and Montsegur, but will need closer form inspection

Race 3 - Really liking Safeguard in this but will also give some thought to Villa Verde, Miracles of Like for mine has been disappointing so going to leave her our, Villa Verde had excellent 2yo form and if she can regain that she will go close.

Race 4 - Not really sure on this one and have no real feeling will have to have a closer look for an informed view.

Race 5 - Shamal Wind, dont really like this race and struggling to find something other than Shamal who will win, but at $3 might have to take it

Race 6 - would think Atlantic Jewel should just win but a disappointing field for a 400K group 1 race, and with AJ at $1.40 i will just be watching this race

Race 7 - dont know will have to have a closer look

Race 8 - Really would have to stick with Sea Moon in this race even though he is backing up after losing last week in a protest at Flemington.

Race 9 - Am liking Linton, Solzhenitsyn and Bass Strait, Bass Strait gets in very well at the weights but you can't past the form of both Linto and Solzhenitsyn at group level and they both like the 1600

Race 10 - tough race, with about 5 or 6 good chances, I do Divine Calling at odds, but you cant go past Long John, Elcair Big Bang and El Roca, not to mention Prince Harada form was excellent before heading to Synday for the Golden Rose, this will certainly need further thought on where my money will go but will have alittle each way on Divine Calling thats for sure,

Last edited:
sea Moon lost 1st place at Flemington, not MV.

I backed it, and won because my bookie pays first past the post regardless of protest.

sea Moon lost 1st place at Flemington, not MV.

I backed it, and won because my bookie pays first past the post regardless of protest.

Yeah correct, not sure where i got the Valley from, think i was trying to do work stuff at the same time, hahaha

Also Green Moon has just been scratched from the Caulfield Stakes, making it a race of 5 Atlantic Jewel into 1.30.....

yes it is a poor race.

some good racing, however, also in Sydney.

Good luck with the punt.

I won on is day last year, so hoping I am fortunate again.

Backed Solzhenitsyn last year.

Backed Solzhenitsyn again, as did last year.

One to go, Prince Harada in last.

How did you go neddy?

Not the best day, I was on Prince Harada as well, picked up Bulbula for a $3 place in the second and was on Safeguard who probably should have won, Sea Moon and AJ at short odds, but also had a go at shamal wind and Linton so ended up slightly down on the day.