• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I am tipping weather will be fine and track will be a good 3 come race time, the track will need a heap of rain to be be down graded, so i wouldn't worry about horses so like the wet....

hmm Dunaden in to $5.00. Carrying a lot of weight, not too sure. This is a very hard race with so much quality in the field....

I got $8 for Dunaden and $11 for red cadeaux.

However, might as well be 1000 to 1 if they dont place.

Wouldn't you say though that the two classiest horses in the field are Americian and Dunaden. The others are a step behind.
Dunaden came home so well in the Caulfield Cup shows its right on form, whether its (Dunaden) peaked too early is the question.
If the talk of Americian having injuries is true then on a good track its a step behind too.
Alot of the other horses won't go the distance with a fit and in form Dunaden and Americian will they.

Then again, anything can happen on the day, but logic would dictate Dunaden should start a good favourite?

Always the hardest race of the year to pick a winner from as there are so many different form lines, horses which havent raced in Australia, havent raced over 2mile, etc etc.

But you would say even though Dunaden in carrying the top weight, it has improved from last year and the run over 2400m in the Caulfield Cup would only have bought him on some more. I think he is more then capable of carrying the weight and we know he will run the distance.

Only one top weight (Makybe Diva) has won the cup in the last gazillion years. I won't be backing the top weight any time soon.

OK seeing as the Melbourne Cup is the hardest race of the year to pick a winner I am going to try and look at some of the other races during the day and do a little write up if anyone is interested in punting in a couple of the other races.

Race 3 - Garud won easily last start at Geelong when had the blinkers on first time, if he raves near to that form it should be good enough to win this, also in the mix will be Practiced who started a short priced fav in the Bendigo cup and ran second by about 8lengths and also Crafty Cruiser who is racing in great form at the moment

Race 4 - very tough race with about 5 or 6 chances I would think, just don't know.....

Race 5 - Malasun should win this, is the class horse in the race and back in grade a fair bit from previous start when lead the speedstar Buffering for a long way before tiring.

Race 6 I am thinking Angelic Light should continue on winning thisrace, is in great form and the slight rise in grade shouldn't phase her, 4th up she should be flying.

Race 8 - tough race with some big weights being carried by some of the favoured horses, maybe Tribal Rock or Menados who are right down in the weights will prove to strong in this and where my money will be going.

Race 9 - would have said Fontelina (if it gets in the race)before it was penalised 4kg after beating spirit of boom in a G2 race on saturda, at the moment am leaning towards Too Many Redsor Seal or, it will be interesting to see how some of these horses handle the straight 6 at Flemington....

Race 10 - not quite sure on this one but am liking the look of Assertive Eagle at good odds to finish off the day, but Aeronautical is flying and looks well suited to this race.

Only one top weight (Makybe Diva) has won the cup in the last gazillion years. I won't be backing the top weight any time soon.

so you're on the other 23 horses.............good odds if you can get em! :p

I will be. I'll study the form about 1hr prior to race.
One of the international runners will win.

Its the Melbourne Cup Groar, just throw the dart like everyone else :D

After studying the form a dart is usually thrown in the form of mystery bets muahahahah

I put alot of money on Jakkalbury for a place :eek: No science to it, I just loved the name lol

Don't know anyone who picked Green Moon, what a terrific ride though!

Overrated race. Handicap race so basically the horse that wins is the one is one that just gets favored by the handicap the most.