• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

To much zero coke???

Undercover

Kunce in training
I train at lunchtime and at around 3.30-4 everyday I will either have a 600ml Zero Coke or Sugar Free V drink. Now these both have little or no calories to bother my intake for the day (nor does it effect my diet in terms of cravings etc).

I just simply enjoy having one. I enjoy stopping at work and thinking fuck me I trained hard today, I have eaten/hydrated well, I want my drink.

Is a bottle a day really doing me any harm? I have read all the bro science about artificial crap but I still feel like the baby who fell into a bucket of nipples and came out sucking his own thumb. No idea. :confused:

Make a concerted effort to not drink anything like that for around 2-3 weeks (because the cells in taste buds live for around 14 days), then try it. Longer if you can. You'll never want to drink anything like it again, it's really quite awful tasting.

I can't even stomach a 330ml can of Sprite these days, Coke is a complete no-go. I'm a man hydrated entirely by beer, melks and water.

Ive done two months without anything but water in the past.

Tasted the same before and after.

I switched from zero to soda water found ir was the bubbles I was craving more then anything else.

Ive done two months without anything but water in the past.

Tasted the same before and after.

I used to drink copious amounts of Coca Cola & Pepsi... I stopped for about a year, two years, though... maybe it changed in that time or something, but about halfway through my first can of Coke after that long, I started feeling sick... it tasted like a weird amalgamation of carbonated water and the worst root beer ever.

Attributed it to a massive change in taste buds, but maybe it's always been a mental thing :rolleyes:

Sugar free only. And I don't count it into macros.

I still have 3-5L of water everyday. Nothing else. But my 600ml coke/v/Pepsi.

So as far as you have found and others who have been training for a while, drinking these drinks really has no ill effects on you?

Of course you can have too much.

The question is 'How much is too much'?

I wouldn't be drinking that shit everyday.

Of course you can have too much.

The question is 'How much is too much'?

I wouldn't be drinking that shit everyday.

Yes that's the Question.

Yeah I can't imagine that it's not causing some harm. If it's to good to be true (ok to drink every day) it probably is :-(

Not for me.
Teeth are white, skin is clear. Bright eyed and bushy-tailed!

As with many things kaz these things accumulate over a long period of time, I wonder if you'll be able to say the same thing in 15 years time.
And as GROAR mentioned, what are the unseen affects.

2 liters a day is a lot.

I drink a huge amount of softdrink. I'll often have 4 500ml cans of diet V or red bull plus 2L of coke zero in a day.... not sure what's going to happen.

A friend a few years back who drank over 2 liters of coke a day was told by her dentist that it had carved out grooves in her back teeth.

What's it doing to your stomach lining?

Stomach lining would be the least of your worries when it comes to drinking too much soft drink. It deals with stomach acid many times more acidic than diet soft drinks.

Teeth and brittle bones is what I would worry about.