• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Half way mark between protein and steroids

Got some free with protein powder. Haven't noticed anything and don't think the research is great for it. Wouldn't pay for it.

I use it and love it. Helped keep me in shape during my recovery from surgery. I know a few guys in the NRL and superXV who use it and like it too. Plus a few natty body builders I know use it too.
I think it works well. Mixed with a good diet and hard workouts, I'd recommend it to anyone.

Last edited:
I use it and love it. Helped keep me in shape during my recovery from surgery. I know a few guys in the NRL and superXV who use it and like it too. Plus a few natty body builders I know use it too.
I think it works well. Mixed with a good diet and hard workouts, I'd recommend it to anyone.

I saw plenty of NRL players using powerbalance bracelets as well. Hardly a source of reliable information.

I've been using it while injured too. But I'd use it only in combination with an aromatase inhibitor.

Noticed the hair on my chest and back getting thicker and more widespread sinse using it, not sure if thats a good thing or not. But like alot of supplements I doubt it'd have enough of an effect to build muscle.

Notsureifsrs.jpg :p
any test booster needs combining with some sort of est. blocker. DAA is reported to spike test by 40%. The body will sense that test spike and start converting the "extra" test into estrogen.

I saw plenty of NRL players using powerbalance bracelets as well. Hardly a source of reliable information.

Lol. Fair enough! What a joke they were!

I like the stuff though and think it works for me. May not for everyone, but I'm happy with it.

LOL.

People still think test boosters work?

Have any of you guys gotten bloods done while usings things like DAA?

LOL.

People still think test boosters work?

Have any of you guys gotten bloods done while usings things like DAA?
No - haven't had bloods or anything done. I'm unsure if DAA does enough to increase performance (like alot of supps).

Always willing to listen to your wealth of knowledge and experience though Sticky. Though I realise you probably don't take it, have you any knowledge/experience with DAA to share?

I don't waste my time with stuff like this mate, it's simply not needed, nor does it actually do anything.

Whey protein.
Fish oil.
Creatine.

That's all you need.

If you want to increase test for sports performance or BB, use test. Simple.
Everything else will yield next to no results, if any at all.

Quality diet with healthy fats (almonds, fish oil, olive oil, walnuts, avocado) combined with strength training will get the job done at elevating your test levels naturally. Otherwise you'll need to use test, but I wouldn't recommend it. Is it just for the sake of having more mass and being leaner or are you competing?

While any form of lifting, and most rep ranges are going to have a positive influence - the last study I read from the NSCA stipulated 8-12 reps with a reduction in rest period between sets has the most positive influence on testosterone/GH levels.

I am sure 20 rep squats would be working wonders for those who are doing them.

I don't waste my time with stuff like this mate, it's simply not needed, nor does it actually do anything.

Whey protein.
Fish oil.
Creatine.

That's all you need.

If you want to increase test for sports performance or BB, use test. Simple.
Everything else will yield next to no results, if any at all.

Should really have this pinned somewhere on the forums...

Maybe a thread on general advice / myth dispelling from more experienced trainers/trainees.

DAA does work:
RB&E | Full text | The role and molecular mechanism of D-aspartic acid in the release and synthesis of LH and testosterone in human and rats

also try royal jelly:
http://www.iasj.net/iasj?func=fulltext&aId=47761

if there is a specific bodypart that is lagging, studies show that training that first, followed by training your legs HARD gives a further natural testosterone spike which improves protein synthesis and recovery.

these things will only help if your diet and training are right though. listen to the more experienced guys on here.

except Oni

Train lagging body part first then legs HARD to increase test was the subject of a uni study?

How did the study define lagging?
How did the study define HARD leg training?
Did the study measure test levels before and after? What other variables that affect test such as stress, bodyfat, recent sex, etc were controlled?