• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

meal timing?

ok, so I get that overall intake is the most important part, however does it matter if someone trains fasted then doesnt eat for 4-5 hours post workout? or does it not matter providing overall protein intake is adequate?
or should a brotein shake just be consumed PWO

Evidence suggests that it makes no difference...

Intermittent fasting pretty much proves this.... With atheletes everywhere reporting no loss of muscle
mass or loss of strength provided they hit there daily macros...

You could consider the meal timing myth to be... Busted!!!

Noting this is independant of what suits you and your lifestyle... Some train better after a meal... Some feel better if they eat certain foods at certain times... Etc...

alot of the IF protocols suggest the use of BCAA, but is that not useless if certain eaa arent present, also they tend to eat soon after training and fast before the workout..

im not really following a protocol though, i just have time t train at 5am, then dont have time to eat till 10 or so

Yeah that one is an interesting question...

Being fasted there may be a case for having BCAA's.... Although havent seen anything outside of broscience to support this yet...

I note the guys on TMW are getting all kinds of gains on IF with a 20 hour fast each day... They do not use the BCAA's...

those guys are suspect though....
I dont really think it matters, I certainly havent lost muscle or strength, but somedays I have a quick shake..

everything I find on the net does seem to say the big NET CATABOLIC term, but who knows!!!

those guys are suspect though....
I dont really think it matters, I certainly havent lost muscle or strength, but somedays I have a quick shake..

everything I find on the net does seem to say the big NET CATABOLIC term, but who knows!!!

Yeah the catabolic monster will come out and steal all your gains....

Are TMW on the juice??? I thought they where all anti that stuff...

it wouldnt suprise me, they have made huge gains, just from IF???

fasting isnt magic...

I dont watch thier vids much, but I havent heard them say "natural" for a while?