• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Rippetoe Press 2.0 Video

I gave this approach a try last night, still need to work on my timing a little but my first set @ 55kg flew up very easily (new PB).

I gave this approach a try last night, still need to work on my timing a little but my first set @ 55kg flew up very easily (new PB).

Bump
Yeah man... This is top stuff...

Using this method I'm not getting any issues in my left shoulder thus far... Plus the bar speed off the bottom is quite surprising

Think I might give it some more attention and see how far I can take it...

Great vid. Love Rippletoe's teaching style, takes the time to effectively explain everything in a simple and elegant manner.

Yep the hip movement trick to allow the bar to travel vertical as possible works a treat. Just need to have it down pat on those excessive poundages as to not hyper extend too much

Or making a forum which cultivates thousands of weak individuals and making them believe that they can't train more than 3x a week for a few hours without going into catabolic shock, exploding and eventually dying of adrenal burnout

If you dont have anything to say about the video, fuck off out of the thread, nobody cares if you like/dislike rippetoe or starting strength.

I watched the first half of the video and not the biggest fan of pressing this way.

Rip himself says there should be no knee bend but both him and the bloke demonstrating have plenty of knee bend at the start of that press. It almost ends up as a shitty push press. May as well just push press.

I like to just lean back a bit at the start of the press to get a straight bar path up but no knee kick like rip is doing.

I gave it a go. Felt stupid, and not right too. As my overhead press is probably already better (relatively) than my other lifts, more or less? Fuck it. I'll just keep on lifting the more classic (modern-ish) way.