• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Microwaved rice

How does frozen rice taste when reheated?

I don't know why but I always prefer my carb source to be veggies rather than rice though. I know there are plenty of micronutrients in rice as well but it quite often just seems like a space filler to me. Hence why I still have an upopened 10kg bag of rice in the pantry I guess :p

I'm not sure if I'm willing to splurge so much money on rice when I can get 20kg bag dirt cheap. Just put it into rice cooker and it's set and it's practically set and forget. Cook enough for a week and put it in the fridge or freezer. Tastes better too...

The microwave rices workout to be $11.60 per kg ($232 for 20kg). My bulk rice is around $1 per kg ($20 for 20kg bag). Even premium Japanese sushi rice, grown in Japan costs around $3-5 per kg...

I've to say, I'm not rich enough to buy this stuff...

It's about convenience. I keep stuff like this at work in my locker(as well as other stuff), and when I work night shift or even day shift and I get a bit peckish, I can just heat it up instead of heading to the 24 hr Maccas like most of my work mates do, and still cheap compared to take away Chinese, Maccas, KFC, subway, etc etc that most people live on daily at work.

When at home I make the stuff from scratch and so would most others here I guess, and yes I do take my meals to work most of the time, but sometimes you want an extra quick meal, or you left your well prepared meal sitting in the fridge at home, this is when this stuff in my locker comes in handy.

How does frozen rice taste when reheated?

I don't know why but I always prefer my carb source to be veggies rather than rice though. I know there are plenty of micronutrients in rice as well but it quite often just seems like a space filler to me. Hence why I still have an upopened 10kg bag of rice in the pantry I guess :p

Re heated from frozen is ok, can get a bit mushy, I tend to undercook mine in the steamer, then microvave it wil glad wrap or a cover and it steams till hot and it perfect most times.

i too prefer potatos over rice, But rice just goes better with cirtian foods. As does potato with some.

what are some other carb heavy vegies you would use? beans?

It's about convenience. I keep stuff like this at work in my locker(as well as other stuff), and when I work night shift or even day shift and I get a bit peckish, I can just heat it up instead of heading to the 24 hr Maccas like most of my work mates do, and still cheap compared to take away Chinese, Maccas, KFC, subway, etc etc that most people live on daily at work.

When at home I make the stuff from scratch and so would most others here I guess, and yes I do take my meals to work most of the time, but sometimes you want an extra quick meal, or you left your well prepared meal sitting in the fridge at home, this is when this stuff in my locker comes in handy.

exactally, im more then happy to tuck into my packet rice and tuna that i keep in my draw when the rest are heading down to maccers for lunch.

what are some other carb heavy vegies you would use? beans?

Go to starchy carbs are sweet potatoes just because I farkin' love em.

TBH though I don't normally go for the carb heavy ones as I prefer fibrous veggies. (and then eating ice cream or oats or something else :))

Go to starchy carbs are sweet potatoes just because I farkin' love em.

TBH though I don't normally go for the carb heavy ones as I prefer fibrous veggies. (and then eating ice cream or oats or something else :))

im still stuck finding a accutare data base for my spuds, WHite and red

Its been doing my head in for months, And just when i though i had it, I was throwen off again today.

What macros do you have per 100G red and white potato

Mine is - 70cal, 15C and 2 P sweet potato

WHite- 80c 20c 2 P

am i close with these,

I check calorieking.com.au

and they have

CalorieKing.com.au - Food Data. Nutrition information about your favourite food. fat, fibre, protein and more

&

CalorieKing.com.au - Food Data. Nutrition information about your favourite food. fat, fibre, protein and more