• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Microwaved rice

Sydking

I know its not Organic....Home cooked or 100% unpocessed.

But this stuff is freeking aswome @ 70g cabs per pack gotta watch out.

Toped with a tin of tuna or two.

Im in love

I know its not Organic....Home cooked or 100% unpocessed.

But this stuff is freeking aswome @ 70g cabs per pack gotta watch out.

Toped with a tin of tuna or two.

Im in love

Uncle bens mexican rice, half packet with a can of Tuna. It's the bomb, gotta watch it though pump a half packet with a tin of tuna to get a good protein carb ration.
uncle-bens-express-mexican-rice-brand-uncle-bens-250g.jpg

I just did half a pack with a tin of tuna...... Told my self i will wait till i get hungry again.......

Next thing i knew i was tucking into the second half and another tin of tuna

Uncle bens mexican rice, half packet with a can of Tuna. It's the bomb, gotta watch it though pump a half packet with a tin of tuna to get a good protein carb ration.

yep damn good, even better with a extra pinch of cayenne and extra chilli flakes

still got a few left from the box I scored on oday at uni

Only bad thing is quite a few of the microwave rices have trans fats in them

how much do those pre-cooked rice things cost?
I usually just cook up 3-4(dry) cups and freeze rice in portions, then 2 mins in microwave and is good to go..

I normally eat 1 packet of uncle bens rice and 250-300g of Chicken for lunch everyday best and easiest lunch ever.

The rice goes on special every other week. Usually cheap like 2 for $3/$4 depending on brand and size.
I just buy a fortnights worth then

how much do those pre-cooked rice things cost?
I usually just cook up 3-4(dry) cups and freeze rice in portions, then 2 mins in microwave and is good to go..

I do this to, But for flavoured rice you cant go past the packet one, I had the brown rice, and its awsome.

I'm not sure if I'm willing to splurge so much money on rice when I can get 20kg bag dirt cheap. Just put it into rice cooker and it's set and it's practically set and forget. Cook enough for a week and put it in the fridge or freezer. Tastes better too...

The microwave rices workout to be $11.60 per kg ($232 for 20kg). My bulk rice is around $1 per kg ($20 for 20kg bag). Even premium Japanese sushi rice, grown in Japan costs around $3-5 per kg...

I've to say, I'm not rich enough to buy this stuff...

My stomach hates the preservatives in these packet rices. I kept having a funny stomach after lunch and I eventually kept everything else the same except for the rice and voila no more afternoon stomach issues.

I've assumed it is the preservatives, but it could be something else I guess.

Otherwise, from a convenience and taste perspective, they are awesome.

uncle-bens-express-mexican-rice-brand-uncle-bens-250g.jpg

Yehhhhhh! That stuff is great.
I mix it with a cooked chicken breast and BBQ sauce. Gold

I'm not sure if I'm willing to splurge so much money on rice when I can get 20kg bag dirt cheap. Just put it into rice cooker and it's set and it's practically set and forget. Cook enough for a week and put it in the fridge or freezer. Tastes better too...

The microwave rices workout to be $11.60 per kg ($232 for 20kg). My bulk rice is around $1 per kg ($20 for 20kg bag). Even premium Japanese sushi rice, grown in Japan costs around $3-5 per kg...

I've to say, I'm not rich enough to buy this stuff...

Remember that would be $11.60 per kilo of COOKED rice for the microwave stuff..
Imagine how many kilos of cooked rice a 20kg bag of uncooked would make!

ok, wow, now that's a rip off and half. I want to be running that company which is selling this rice. At first I thought it was around 10x profit, now it looks closer to more than 100x profit...

Now wonder the guy who's making this stuff is rich and I'm not :-/

I only pick up micro rice if I forget food at work. I get the Uncle Ben's stuff, too, it tastes good.

Otherwise I agree with getting a big-ass rice cooker and freezing in batches.

Or, when I make chili or something similar, I'll dump the rice in there to cook and freeze it all together. Tastes better, too.

That's exactly what I do, bulk cook and bulk freeze. I wish I had bigger freezer...

I actually bought a half-size chest freezer for everything else, because my stacks of bulk-cooking stuff was taking up space in the fridge/freezer with shelves, lol.

Well worth the investment if you have the space.

Thanks for the tip, that's something I've been looking for, also one which is very efficient on electricity. I like to cook up about 3-4 weeks of food, and just keep adding once or twice weekly and rotating. That way I don't have to eat the same thing more than 1 or 2 times per week.