• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Egg white recipes

chocchillimango

Now I'm a fan of the whole egg ... powerhouse of good stuff.

But I like my omelettes/fritatta with egg whites only ... dunno why, the yolk freaks me out in these dishes :p

This site has some awesome simple recipes for egg whites.

Love it. Check 'em out.
they also sell really good frozen egg white (I prefer fridge carton EW though)

Recipes | Kinross Muscle

good site!

I also found out lately that I love egg white only omelettes. Basic one was:
100g mushrooms
half an onion
pan fry

add 250ml egg white (whatever seasoning you want, cajun & moroccan are my favourites)

Then when bottom is done take pan out and stick it under the grill for 5 mins or so.

Comes out awesome :)

good site!

I also found out lately that I love egg white only omelettes. Basic one was:
100g mushrooms
half an onion
pan fry

add 250ml egg white (whatever seasoning you want, cajun & moroccan are my favourites)

Then when bottom is done take pan out and stick it under the grill for 5 mins or so.

Comes out awesome :)

yeah, I love those guys, they're so cool.

Egg white omelettes are my staple ... today I made an egg white omelette pizza ... same principal as yours ... I added columbus chilli spice mix (sometimes i use moroccan, cajun, or just cayenne + dijon mustard + paprika).
I added a heaped teaspoon of flaxmeal for body then cooked it.
Topped my "pizza base" with grilled zucchini, eggplant and red capsicum and some baby rocket.

superb :)

i love eggs, But most times i cook an ommlette its gets this real funny kinda taste, and im sure its the egg yolk that does it.

Spanish style i love, small chunks of boiled potato, Olives, capsicum, Onion and chili.

Parmesan and basil goes good too, Ive also noticed cheese brings out a weird taste/smell in eggs.

Maybe change brand of the eggs you use?

Brand dosent matter, Though i have been loving the ECO eggs lately, Bit pricey but taste the goods.

Its probly all marketing bullshit, But they have me spending $6 a dozen.

Might be time to get the chicken coop up and running again, Cheap eggs and meat :)

Recipes that i see call for only white or only yolk either receive whole eggs or are deleted. Pet peeve :p

i love eggs, But most times i cook an ommlette its gets this real funny kinda taste, and im sure its the egg yolk that does it.

Spanish style i love, small chunks of boiled potato, Olives, capsicum, Onion and chili.

Parmesan and basil goes good too, Ive also noticed cheese brings out a weird taste/smell in eggs.

You must be doing something wrong. I have stacks of eggs and never notice that. Especially the cheese thing. Cheese in scrambled eggs is the best.

Something not right there. If cheese creates a weird smell or taste, you are buying rubbish cheese. Parmesan should not smell.
PET PEEVE (I'm Italian) ... don't buy parmesan from the supermarket. Buy less and buy better. the stuff made here or in south america is NOT parmiggiano. A good reggiano or grana padano smells good, not bad and creates a delicious aroma.

My peeve with egg yolks is that I've never liked them since I was a baby so my ability to eat them in hard/soft boiled eggs is a huge WIN. Working my way up to eating whole eggs in omelettes too :)

You must be doing something wrong. I have stacks of eggs and never notice that. Especially the cheese thing. Cheese in scrambled eggs is the best.

Truth!!!

Recipes that i see call for only white or only yolk either receive whole eggs or are deleted. Pet peeve :p

all of my recipes that call for egg whites can be made with whole eggs. sometimes I use whites only because i have liquid egg whites on hand that need to be used or because in baked stuff it occasionally creates the right amount of lightness I need.

Sometimes it's not about rejecting the yolk....in baking/pastry, it is called for. I made financiers last night. you can't make them with whole eggs.
ditto meringue and macarons :p

all of my recipes that call for egg whites can be made with whole eggs. sometimes I use whites only because i have liquid egg whites on hand that need to be used or because in baked stuff it occasionally creates the right amount of lightness I need.

Sometimes it's not about rejecting the yolk....in baking/pastry, it is called for. I made financiers last night. you can't make them with whole eggs.
ditto meringue and macarons :p

Ill concede on lemon meringue, thats one of my favs. Not that i make it personally lol.

Really bugs me having to use part of something. I could buy whites but itd be wasteful due to how infrequently id use them.

Ill concede on lemon meringue, thats one of my favs. Not that i make it personally lol.

Really bugs me having to use part of something. I could buy whites but itd be wasteful due to how infrequently id use them.

I never throw out the yolks...lots of things i need yolks only for .... :)

Only thing i can think of with yolks only is hollandaise sauce. But i dont make it as its too much effort.

Pretty sure this is why i asked you to come cook for me, am i still winning that bidding war? :p

Only thing i can think of with yolks only is hollandaise sauce. But i dont make it as its too much effort.

Pretty sure this is why i asked you to come cook for me, am i still winning that bidding war? :p

Ice cream
parfait
pastry cream
custard
creme brulee
pastry
sauces (savoury and sweet)

see where I'm going with this??? :)

Protein Cup Cakes/Muffins

1Cup Egg White
1Cup Raw Oats
500g Low Fat Cottage Cheese
1 - 2 Scoops of Vanilla / Any protien power
1 Large banana mushed

Mix it all in a bowl, throw it in an over 180 for 25min, and then you have a high protein snack ready for those late arvo cravings.