• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Got 29 chinups at 80.5kg the other day.

Also did a dip to handstand for the first time.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Nobody hitting PBs anymore?

Managed to hit 15 reps of 100kg bench the other week, after a 137.5kg pause double

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

Just matched my PB's and dropped nearly 5kg's in 9 weeks.

Bench: 107.5kg x 5
Squat: 140kg x 5
Dead: 160kg x 5

Trying to drop some/a lot of fat so finding it hard to keep progressing.

Managed to pull 247.5kg deadlift without a proper peak...very clean too.

There was an overhead rep pr too i think somewhere.

Also hit a 'no training' pb of like 12 days.

Tim.

Every week from here on should be a new PB for me now.
I started lifting again in November, had a break over Christmas and am 4 weeks back into it.

So my new PB's are:

Bench: 110kg x 5
Deadlift: 165kg x 5
Squat: 140kg x 5
O/Head Press : 70kg x 5

I'm actually trying to drop fat and on a calorie deficit so I'm pleased the strength is still going up for the moment.

I havent had a PB for over 12 month due to injurys so squat jerk PB, ive never attempted over 40kg, worked up to 90kg which is over body weight, no missed lifts, should have the tonne next time

Ok slight dilemma, today I did a PB of 177.5kg Deadlift X 5. Felt comfortable doing it but the problem is, my work gym has no more weight in the gym. I've asked for more weights and was declined, so either I just stick with the same weight and add reps or go and buy my own plates and bring them to work.
I kinda like the idea of seeing the numbers go up, am enjoying it.

Ok slight dilemma, today I did a PB of 177.5kg Deadlift X 5. Felt comfortable doing it but the problem is, my work gym has no more weight in the gym. I've asked for more weights and was declined, so either I just stick with the same weight and add reps or go and buy my own plates and bring them to work.
There is no dilemma. But some plates.

Whats your program look like?

One set of 5?

Many ways to progress of course until you get more weight.
Can add a set.
Can add a rep.

Work up to 7 or 8 reps at 177.5. Or even 10.

Tim.

Doing Stronglifts Madcow. The whole template is set out with what to lift each week, I'm enjoying it and it's keeping me coming back.

120kg Bench x 3.

Before I started this program then most I had ever done was 107.5kg.
I have a spotter now also, before that was solo so mentally even it helps.

120kg Bench x 3.

Before I started this program then most I had ever done was 107.5kg.
I have a spotter now also, before that was solo so mentally even it helps.
Top work! I'll admit though, for the most part I bench the same without a spotter - developed a pattern I guess

2 sets of 3 at 100 kg paused bench. Previous 100 kg RM was two, so very happy with that for ole Mr Poverty Bench over here.