• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Ok, back from hibernation.
I've been training hard since the hammy tear healed, and was in the PTC HQ novice comp yesterday.
Squat PB 165kg (previous comp pb 150, gym 162.5)
BP - lets not go there. Nearly bombed, was blacking out at the top 1st and second attempts, sketchy 90kg third with 2 whites.
Deadlift PB 180kg. (Previous comp pb 175kg, gym 180).
I then pulled 190kg, but left foot shifted slightly for three reds - it'll count as the new gym pb).
435kg total, +20kg on last novice comp in 2015.
At least another 20kg left if everything worked as planned, there's always next time.

Cheeky bench PB today....95kg x 13reps with one left in the tank.
might not count though as was using a womans 15kg bar. hehe

it counts.

i did 16 on 100kg in 2011 when 95kg and 50 years of age, you have almost caught me.

did 20 on 120kg once at 100kg, but that was cheating.

Haha. Ill get the 100x16 this year id imagine. See what happens. Ive got alot of amrap stuff in the programming for this year.

120x10...not this year. Ive done 120x4. Probably have 5 in me currently. Maybe an excrutiatingly close 6.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I was ready to do 10 on 95kg, but shoulder injury demands rethink/rest/alteration.

I will be back though. 10x100kg by end of year, but at under 90kg.

at around your age, in 1999, when I did my best ever clean bench press of 147.5kg, I did 8 reps on 120kg. just missed 9 reps. I weighed 98kg, so pretty similar to you in bench at same age.

Ive been cutting weight lately...down to just over the 100kg and still heading down.

Should be an interesting conparison later in the year thats for sure.

What is your best clean under these conditions?

my best power clean was 155kg at 98kg, assisted.

best clean version was 135kg at around 97-98kg. around 18-20% bodyfat.

best ever power clean at a lean 80kg was 120kg when 21 years old. did not do many power cleans after age of 23-24.

Ive been cutting weight lately...down to just over the 100kg and still heading down.

Should be an interesting conparison later in the year thats for sure.

What is your best clean under these conditions?

your weights will go down.u did say you would make 93.

Havnt lost anything at all yet. Still repping pb's for the time being including on Press. I still have a tonne of CNS gains i can make so that helps.

I wont go as far as 93 this cut. Too far. Too long a cut, already been in a deficit since xmas, so nearly half way. Ill get to about 98 and stay there for a few months before heading down into the 92-95 range. Slow and steady.

Big clean. Id love to get some proper coaching in the those weightlifting movements. I do power cleans once a year maybe less for a bit of of fun. 95ish i think i got last time hahaha. Not bad for having zero technique, just basically a super power curl haha.

I would love to train in that style for a year or two. Would love it.

Havnt lost anything at all yet. Still repping pb's for the time being including on Press. I still have a tonne of CNS gains i can make so that helps.

I wont go as far as 93 this cut. Too far. Too long a cut, already been in a deficit since xmas, so nearly half way. Ill get to about 98 and stay there for a few months before heading down into the 92-95 range. Slow and steady.

delusional.you are aiming to lose 10 kgs but wont lose strength?no.you will lose strength.you re too tall for 93 anyway,not sure why you wanna cut in the first place.most 93ers are my height or less.

delusional.you are aiming to lose 10 kgs but wont lose strength?no.you will lose strength.you re too tall for 93 anyway,not sure why you wanna cut in the first place.most 93ers are my height or less.
Gerry gerry gerry.

Mate. Ive lost 3 kg so far with Zero loss in performance, actually had several increases. I can easily lose another 3 or so without much worry.

If you noticed, and im sure you did, ill be sitting at maintenance for atleast the same amount time of spend cutting. This is almost completely negate any chance of loss. Probably regian maybe 1-1.5kg in that time using a reverse diet.

Then cut again. But for less time. Maybe only 8 weeks.

This is a pretty normal approach.

Losing 10kg in one go is far too agressive. Unless you are Very fat. Which would of course for me would result in LBM losses as im only cutting from 105@23%bf....

And the height of other 93'ers or 105ers etc is totally irrelevant in my situation. Lol