• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Nice. I'm aiming for DL doubles @ 180 this week.
I set some sort of PB on sunday, I managed 4 single BPs @ 95kg (rerack, re-setup meet lift practice) , failed the 5th (no spotter! I never clip bench so lifted the right side of the bar and let it slide).Previous rep PB was 3x3 @ 90kg, I;d pressed once at 95, 97.5 & 100 before.
Shit yeah! Get it done

Tuesday I squatted 3x2 (doubles) 155kg. Rep PB
Friday I managed 3x2 Deadlifts @ 180kg, Rep PB, equal outright PB and 2x body weight.
I did DL 2x5 @ 150kg after the doubles, still feeling a little bit of DOMS. Practiced bench - failed a 97.5kg lift. :) End of the vid:

Great work mate!

Bench pb tonight.
116x6@9.5

Sqaut pb last night.
168x4@8.

Not big pb's...just never done them before.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Nice one. What happened in bench? I find low bar squat stuffs up my bench, elbows and shoulders hurt too much
I felt a twinge in left upper arm, decided to not push through it. If i get it off my chest i can normally get it home, but glad i didn't.

And in between singles at previous PB i just set a new squat PB of 162.5kg - 1.80× BW of 89.9. Vid at end of week.
Stoked.

Not the thread for it, but pulled right hammy nearing end of warmup deads last night - I was only setting up and building tension, then pop! Bar hadn't even left the floor.
Hurt pretty bad so stopped. By the time I got home I was nearly in tears, thought it was a grade 2 strain.
Doc sent me for an ultrasound, where it appears as though there is no tear??; still hurts pretty bad.
Doc's got me on celecoxib (and some endone), usual RICE and physio next week.
Such a good prep, and now wont be able to make the novice comp next weekend.
Bugger.

Not the thread for it, but pulled right hammy nearing end of warmup deads last night - I was only setting up and building tension, then pop! Bar hadn't even left the floor.
Hurt pretty bad so stopped. By the time I got home I was nearly in tears, thought it was a grade 2 strain.
Doc sent me for an ultrasound, where it appears as though there is no tear??; still hurts pretty bad.
Bugger.

That's sux dude.
[emoji44]

http://au.iherb.com/?rcode=ZSG863

Bugger.

Fark, that's no good man.

Any bruising or blood under the skin?
Doc says just rest?

Dont let it get you depressed though, that's the number 1 problem with injuries. Find another focus for a short while.. And ask the doc if you can do some BB work on the upper body

Fark, that's no good man.

Any bruising or blood under the skin?
Doc says just rest?

Dont let it get you depressed though, that's the number 1 problem with injuries. Find another focus for a short while.. And ask the doc if you can do some BB work on the upper body
Doc just advised rest the leg. Its already improving; but I'm still limping and not going to try for the comp next week (any serious flexion and its hurting). I'm in for the long game; it's funny though as I have never progressed past 180kg deadlift, and I was so going to beat that on Thursday. Just glad it's not a tear; I remember something similar in my left quad when I first squatted near 100kg, after that I had good progress - here's hoping that happens now for deadlifts!
I may also start some pilates/yoga for some ROM increase/stretching. I'll do some UB BB work as soon as I can get tension through the legs.

These things are scary, try and narrow it down if you were dehydrated, not enough electrolytes, not enough sleep or not enough carbohydrates.

Chris Duffin made a video even antibiotics cause muscle tears in a bad way. I find planning to prevent it in future helps the mind to accept and recover.

Deadlift.
230kg x 2 on an ABC bar.
Rpe 8.5.
All time PB...
Previous best was 230x2@10rpe on a texas bar.

Honestly think i have somewhere around 242.5 x 2 in me.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk