• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Top work! I'll admit though, for the most part I bench the same without a spotter - developed a pattern I guess

Awesome. The 120kg was the first time I had someone there, I workout at my work gym and it's empty so should something happen, and things happen sometimes then I'd be in a spot of bother.

Good on you though, good stuff

This. Even when I have a spotter I bench in a half or full rack. Snoochies might not have the infrastructure...
I am thinking that is the case.

Yeah same, dont really consider any other way to play.

I hate when people use the excuse of no safties in comp. Bullshit. All feds have bench face savers, and in PA if you squat north of 200...5 fucking spotters.
Alot more off putting than a couple of safety rails lol.

Tim.

I am thinking that is the case.

Yeah same, dont really consider any other way to play.

I hate when people use the excuse of no safties in comp. Bullshit. All feds have bench face savers, and in PA if you squat north of 200...5 fucking spotters.
Alot more off putting than a couple of safety rails lol.

Tim.
Agree 100 percent. It's the reason I haven't bought a competition bench yet - partly due to space then partly due to wanting a quality one with adjustable spotters... Making the cost somewhat prohibitive. Means my Power Rack is the centre of my life in the gym - as it should be!

So I started lifting back in November, was 105kg, mostly fat.

To date I've dropped 5 kilos and improved my lifts from.

Bench: 85kg > 122.5kg (x5)
Squat: 110kg > 150kg (x5)
Deadlift : 120kg > 177.5kg (x5) *my work gym doesn't have any more weight than that
O/Head Press: 55kg > 77.5kg (x5)
Row: 65kg >90kg (x5)

My primary goal has been to reduce fat which has been slowly dropping overtime. Have cleaned up the diet and eating around 2200 cals per day. I work in an office so not overly active but I feel very drained at the moment. The strength progress feels like it will come to a grinding halt at the moment and also my upper back knotted up yesterday when attempting an O/Head Press.

As some followed my marathon effort last year and barely lost a kilo, it does show that strength is best.

Cheers

great work [MENTION=12594]Snoochies[/MENTION] are you following a specific plan or program for you lifting ?

Bench PB today!
140kg.

Deadlift PB today!
250kg.

Competition squat PB today!
195kg.

Comp total PB today!
585kg @ 99.5kg

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

PB Deadlift on the weekend 240 (20kg up), and Squat 190 (10kg up) at the PTC sydney novice comp. I'm 105kg but happy with these lifts for my first time after switching to PL only in January.

Had 1 full week off lifting to remove fatigue which was extremely hard to do (had to spot my wife and look at weights without lifting them the whole week!). I now believe in the tapering/deloads though it works :)

No more PBs for a while after this, going back into volume training..

Last edited:
I've been in hiding, recovering from a middle back issue from late 2015. That was sorted late last year, I then competed in a sprint triathlon in March, and have finished 2 6 week programs, and equal rep PB'd squats 3×3 @ 140 and DL's 3x3 @ 160, touch and go. Finally have strength back up where i was.