• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Pulled 145kg for 8 reps today on the 5th set of 5x5 deads. Was a 2.5kg 5RM PB but also a +3 rep PB at the same weight in the same session.

Did 5 x 8 @ 60kg oly-style front squats - easy PB, never done them before. Took a while to get the form right Between that and the leg extensions, the quads felt touchy for a day or two.
Cleans & overhead squats coming soon.

Last night another rep PB with high bar squats, 3 @ 115kg then 2x 3 @ 117.5. Was hard work getting the last set up, still hesitating when the quads are meant to kick in.

Edit: I also PB'd pause squats - 3 & 100kg then 2x3 at 105. Paused for ages the last two sets, stayed 'on' and came out of the hole well (for me at least)

Last edited:
Beltless squat: 172.5x1
Bench: 120x1
Beltless Deadlift: 225kg (post injury pb. All time is still 230 - but im going to take that out in 7 weeks no problems)

Todays squats took me to 144x5@9.
Estimated 1rm of 172.5kg. This does not equal a pb(though it is mighty close. But it is the highest weight I have used for a set of 5@9. I feel I'll be hitting an estimated 1rm pb next Monday.