• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hit 85kg x 5 on squats today. Previous 5rm was in the 70kg range on PPP.
85Kg was a triple in June, definitely had more in me today :)

90 for 6 sets of 5 today. 7 Week after doing 95 for 1 in comp. Felt pretty easy so next week i'll probably make the jump to 95 for 6 sets of 5.

120kg x 8 for bench (after 100 x10, 110 x8). Rooted afterwards but still felt good. Considering that on the 1st of Jan this year I'd struggle with 50kg.

120kg x 8 for bench (after 100 x10, 110 x8). Rooted afterwards but still felt good. Considering that on the 1st of Jan this year I'd struggle with 50kg.

Impressive, got any tips on how you progressed?

I was like you back in June this year but starting to struggle and stall around the 80kg-90kg mark now :-( shits me coz everything else is powering along.

Impressive, got any tips on how you progressed?

I was like you back in June this year but starting to struggle and stall around the 80kg-90kg mark now :-( shits me coz everything else is powering along.

I stopped benching for about a month and did everything with dumbbells. For some reason that seemed to help me along. I was stuck on 95kg for about 4-5 weeks and just tried different things.

I stopped benching for about a month and did everything with dumbbells. For some reason that seemed to help me along. I was stuck on 95kg for about 4-5 weeks and just tried different things.

Thanks, yeah I started on a new routine today using only DB for chest 5x5. Going to see if that helps.

Huh, I forgot to post my 10x100kg back squat in this thread earlier. Did this at about 2:00pm this afternoon.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1dTBjVEyBI&feature=share]Oldschool Squat 10x100kg - YouTube[/ame]

PBs @ 77kg (fasted) 5"11"

DL - 192.5kg (comp)
Olympic SQ - 140kg (gym)
Paused PB - 100kg (comp)

Oly stuff (just started learning)
Front SQ - 105kg
C & J - 72.5kg
Power snatch - 55kg

Havn't maxed on the main lifts in a couple of months, running 531. Now sitting about 2kg heavier and putting out rep PBs, so lookling forward to setting some new 1RMs sometime soonish. Congrulations to me in advance :)

Last edited:
Tonight I benched 57.5kgs TNG at 56.(something)kg body weight!
I've been doing a strength maintenance program :confused: must have needed the break....

After doing nothing but fuckarounditis for deadlifts over the last few weeks and often feeling like anything over 100kg is too much, today I hit 150kg for the first time. It was slow coming off the floor, but by the time I reached the top, I realised I probably could have gotten 155kg or more. I'm almost always good for lockout on deadlifts -- if the bar comes off the floor, I'm probably going to get the rep. Caught it on video, but it wasn't my camera, so we'll have to wait and see if/when it gets uploaded.

Squat way below parallel (as always) @ 127.5 :cool:

And 130 is definitely within reach right now. :)

I know, it's not a massive lift by any means, but I've been doing this shit for less than one year, and for some reason, 140kg seems really important, lol. 3 plates, bro! :D Maybe I can hit that before the end of the year. That's the goal, anyway.

Good one ryan, we're neck and neck :)
Ooh, the heat is on.

Here's the video for yesterday's deadlift. It's low quality, but that's okay. It's a 20kg bar + 2x20's, 2x10's (1 big green 10 and one small black 10) and 1x5kg on each side.

[ame=http://youtu.be/mOe2Rpabrfs]Deadlift 150kg - YouTube[/ame]

120kg Bench press tonight (for 1 rep) (touched chest, but no pause) .. failed the first attempt (chickened out without a spotter and didn't go low enough, made the second attempt cleanly and then made one more, although with a pretty massive grind to get it up!