• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
120 X 3 bench, didn't even get a spot, just knew it was time... :)

lol, careful......

I got 125kg for a touch-n-go bench today. Took me like 3 seconds to lock out, but it's good progress, averaging +1kg to my 1rm per week now. 140kg early next year!

I might have to do a 'cut' though soon, turning into a bit of a podgy fucker :(

Last friday night 12th, 100kg deadlift x 7 reps, quick succession:thumbup:

Last Monday 8th, 110kg wrapped squat, previous PB was 97.5kg:thumbup:

Not a PB but still felt special
Hit 180kg on the deadlift today for a fairly easy single. First time pulling heavy since my psoas tear
Things are back on the good track

I hit a 280kg squat today, 4 months since GPC nationals where i squatted 225kg. Coincidentally also 4 months since i joined PTC Brisbane!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxSkLqT1Cxo]PTC Brisbane - Matt squats 280kg - YouTube[/ame]

I flipped a tyre :p

Weight between 125 - 150kg ... had a bit of help to leverage it from leg to hip but otherwise, flipped it good!

thatssocrossfit.jpg

It was.
No way you can see the hip crease from the front, that's why the head ref isnt allowed to judge on depth.

It was.
No way you can see the hip crease from the front, that's why the head ref isnt allowed to judge on depth.

Really? On my second squat on the weekend, Adam Coe was head ref and he came to me and said he and one of the other refs called me on depth. The other side ref said it was good...
What is the head ref looking for?

Another lifter took a vid from the side which looked ok, to be honest i think its borderline edging on high. But its only a gym lift and i don't have to squat at any meet for at least a couple of months, so im sure with a few more months training 280 an inch lower won't be a problem!

Another lifter took a vid from the side which looked ok, to be honest i think its borderline edging on high. But its only a gym lift and i don't have to squat at any meet for at least a couple of months, so im sure with a few more months training 280 an inch lower won't be a problem!

By the looks of it, you could have gone maybe an inch lower and still moved the weight without any dramas. At the end of the day, it's only a gym lift I suppose, so the heavier training weights should shock the CNS enough for you to squat deeper in competition.

Nice squat chum, looks like you moved it fairly easily, love the encouragement from the rest of the blokes, awesome stuff.

Can we keep the discussion on topic to PB's, encouragement and general short chat around the lifts please.