• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Why for did you not do 3 reps for, Mr??

Keeps me fresh for the next training session. Grinding reps causes a metabolic shitshow that's hard to recover from so I like to leave one rep in the tank or at least pick a weight where I could add more but not get an extra rep

Nice work Oni, what did you do to get it moving again?

Benching every day
I will ramp up to a heavy single (which turned into a double today) with a weight I can't do for 2 reps but can still add a bit of weight to the bar. This is my "primer" for the workout. I then ramp from a 20RM to a 5RM each day. So I started with 20x50kg on the first day and added 2.5kg a day on this downset until I hit 5x70kg which was 5kg added to my 5RM. Then I begin the cycle again starting at 52.5kg...

It's not much to rave about, but I sqeeeezzzed out a 105kg bench tonight! Felt good almost passing out so got back down and done it again! Have pushed out 100kg singles for while but failed anything over that! Coming to the end of the year ill take what I can ;)

Also got out 6reps of btw dips on my bands! (Got my young bloke to fill em for me!) Previous best was 2 @ 95kg BW, but have been doing sets of 8 on the bands with feet on box (similar to bench dip)! Tonight after bench PB got out 6 still @95!
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRaO6OjpeWo[/ame]
5th was a fukn grinder and the 6th was maybe a touch shallow, but again, ill take what I can lol!

82.5kg Military Press, jumped on the scales at 83kg with a gutful of pizza.

Bodyweight strict press yeah boy, that's old school strongman shit. Anyone know where I can buy a leopard leotard.
gorner2.jpg

This week's training PBs@80kg:

Olympic squat - 140kg
Front olympic squat - 112.5kg
Power clean - 85kg
Bench press - 102.5kg
ohp - 62.5kg

Seems I'm constantly settings PBs and leaving a bit in the tank

Last edited:
equal Pb CG bench after 21 sets of cg bench, db press and db o/h press.

Body is adapting to the 2 hour sessions and mass pressing volume.

set myself some new equipped benchmarks
245kg squat in a metal v-squat ipf suit
150kg bench in a fury f6