• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Long time reader, but i never post, and finally hit some numbers im semi happy with so i thought id join in.

BW; 80.6kg , im 22. I was 61kg 18 months ago.

Sq:130kg x 3 atg
DL:155kg x 3
BP:90kg x 3
Chins: BW + 20kg x 6
OHP: 65 x 3

These are my usual working sets now, that i follow up with volume work. Not sure if its the best approach but it seems to be working, slowly.

Mate that's great progress.

thanks mate.

Yeah i plateaued for a while strength wise so i started doing more weight with low reps and am finally seeing progress again.

Im hoping to get to that 100, 140, 180 benchmark in the bodybuilding section, from that beginners program thing.

Getting pneumonia sucks. was really sick and dropped to that weight and thought... i better fix this.

65kg for 8 reps on bench
Real pleased with this. Breaking different rep PRs on bench left right AND centre now so can't wait for this to translate to a higher 1RM

Did 67.5kg for 7 reps today. Real pleased.

Also started my deadlift peaking cycle today so hopefully going to hit some sweet ass PBs on that in 6 weeks

175 squat (from 167.5)
210 dead (from 200)
a pr is a pr but considering the weight i gained the strength:weightgain is pretty crappy.
moving out of conjugate training because maxing singles every week just didnt really cut it for me

Recent training PBs@79-80kg:

Olympic squat - 137.5kg (I've done 140 before, but it was a bit ugly)
Paused Olympic squat - 115kg
Front Squat - 100 x 3
Power clean - 82.5kg, 75 x 3

Doing Bulgarian Method, so everything done in a fatigued state with a bit left in the tank. 2 weeks of consecutive days of training! Was a bit rough adjusting, but now feeing like I'm in a good groove with it.

Ah well, it's the season for all training and stuff like it to go to shit, lol. :D

So, probably no chance of meeting my previously stated goals (they were a bit optimistic, haha), which happen to be 140/100/180, "by the end of the year". Doesn't matter. Progress is progressing, yo. :p

Bench has been up and down since starting again, but they're up to 85kg now, in solid sets of five, sans spotter. Squats are really close - 135kg for 3 (or 130 for the oly style). And deadlifts are also almost there - 170kg for 5.

Overhead press hasn't moved at all, but I've been putting more time and effort into the other lifts, so that's okay.

edit: A "lift" I'm stupidly proud of is [overhand] pullups for 12 reps, strict and from a dead hang.

Last edited:
Well done McKwl.
I reckon with your rep maxes you should have no issue getting your 1rm target mate, especially deads.
Smash it mate.

Yeah man just test your 1RMs now and you'll have it in the bag
I repped 130kg for 5 after a 150kg squat yesterday and it was difficult

Won the monthly challenge at my gym. Was a plank/bridge hold with a time of 4:37 (post workout and just after about 1000 bro curls). Got me a water bottle and towel. Yay.

Deadlifts 230 x 3 for a rep PB,
then banged out an equal PB 240 x 1, sorry bout the jocks.
I reckon fresh I could get a bit more easily, was much easier than last time.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErYkT_yXT_Q]240 x 1 - YouTube[/ame]