• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
saw that Liam. Great lift!

Injured boring ass PB. Single leg pistol squat 28kgx10 (holding trx strap for balance)

Recent PB +32kgx5 chins at 86kg BW

Hey Tim, please excuse the naivity but what are you referring to with "@8" etc? Seconds tempo?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Hey Tim, please excuse the naivity but what are you referring to with "@8" etc? Seconds tempo?

Rpe. Rate of perceived effort. 10 being all out! 9 being one left in the tank. 8 being 2, maybe 3 three left. Etc.

Tim.

205kg x 3 Bench last week, followed by 5kg weight loss (pb food poisoning), 160kg x 8 Close Grip Bench yesterday.

Nice one Ink81 except for the food poisoning! That gives me the shits.

So I probably shouldn't have done this with my injury but it was feeling good. Was just going to do some light RDL's at 70kg then I decided to clean and push press it. TO my surprise, all felt good. Continued from there and got 85kg which is a 5kg PB and first time pressing BW overhead.

Back feels good today too.

You will like them for a while...until you really start pushing 10-12 reps as max efforts. Then you will hate life.

Pbs tonight:
220x5 200mm block pull. @9
95x5 close grip bench. @9 big one that one.
45 leg press: 210x8@9. Only because ive never tried. Ill get used to there. Pretty bad arse.

Tim.

That's awesome. I managed the same last month minus a plate, felt great. Would be exhausting to do them regularly, must get good results

KFG did that last workout. Every deadlift workout bar 1 at the moment tends to lead me doing more than 10+ dead stop reps on me final set. lt's definitely helped my deadlift / grip strength for sure. My assistance work for the day mainly consists of exercises that don't really touch my lower back at all as thats usually fried...

KFG did that last workout. Every deadlift workout bar 1 at the moment tends to lead me doing more than 10+ dead stop reps on me final set. lt's definitely helped my deadlift / grip strength for sure. My assistance work for the day mainly consists of exercises that don't really touch my lower back at all as thats usually fried...

have you tried 20 rep touch and go deficit deadlifts?

have you tried 20 rep touch and go deficit deadlifts?

Can't say l have, no. The closest thing l've come to doing deficit deadlifts is using shorter 20kg plates up until a month ago when l received some plates that are apparently the standard height. l'm assuming the 20 repper touch and go's would build some stupid grip strength. Is there any reason you would do these from a deficit rather than just stock standard from the floor?

Can't say l have, no. The closest thing l've come to doing deficit deadlifts is using shorter 20kg plates up until a month ago when l received some plates that are apparently the standard height. l'm assuming the 20 repper touch and go's would build some stupid grip strength. Is there any reason you would do these from a deficit rather than just stock standard from the floor?

They are probably the best exercise I have done for building up the hamstrings. I just stand on a plate, about 1". It's plenty. Touch ground as gently as possible
My best is 180kg but I usually just go for 140kg after deadlifting