• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Steroids being replaced

I've seen the glove. Sounds like it may work but only for getting back your strength faster between sets.

I've done a little reading about efficiencies relating to cooling of extremities for improved recovery. as it turns out, muscle temperature is very closely linked to short term recovery. basically, the technology uses your hands as an effective heatsink to rapidly cool your blood and hence your body. typically, your body will counteract the cooling by narrowing capillaries to reduce blood flow to the fingers but the "glove" also produces a low air pressure area around the hand to counteract the bodies efforts to reduce blood flow - without this, the system wouldn't work.

anyway, apparently clinical trials have shown it works: Stanford researchers' cooling glove 'better than steroids'

more discussion here in the google wattage group: http://groups.google.com/group/wattage/t/161452da15d9a3aa

and the "why" it works is here: http://www.avacore.com/sites/default/files/University_of_Sydney_Abstract_2008.pdf

The Ab Doer Twist ($200) was invented by John Abdo (Ab-do, no joke), and the website claims 3 million were sold around the world. If you haven't seen on the infomercials, The Ab Doer Twist is a chair with a bar at shoulder length, allowing you to 'twist your way into shape'.
The science: The Ab Doer Twist allows you to have a 360 degree ab workout all while providing aerobic training at the same time. Being seated means you're supported, stable, and aligned – allowing for an exhilarating workout in just minutes per day.
Our Verdict: Get fit, while you sit, smile, and watch TV? I don't (nor won't) buy it. And in my view, isolating the abdominals is not the best start for those starting their fitness journey.

I never believed that people would be so fucking dumb and uneducated about shit like this then my parents went ahead and bought an Ab Circle Pro

I never believed that people would be so fucking dumb and uneducated about shit like this then my parents went ahead and bought an Ab Circle Pro
Thing is, they're not all like that. Most of my more recent gains, I can put down to this awesome piece of kit (don't knock it until you try it):

[youtube]vCPZfdkRTSE[/youtube]

I saw a totally ripped MMA dude using one. Looked legit. So yeah, give it a try.

So i took a few zooper doopers to the gym today (postworkout goodness), and gave the whole cooling hands thing a go between sets on bench.

Noticed zero carryover to strength as i hit all reps and sets that was programmed and i knew i was going to hit anyway, with nothing in the tank tonexceed what was planned.

Rest times between sets wasnt reduced either.

On the plus side i had some nice mushy ice blocks after training.