• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Mass gainer quality?

baloney1

Hi guy's,

I typically just take whey concentrate, but tired of going through 1kg tubs in less than a week i've asked my mate about going halves in buying in bulk. Thing is though he uses a gainer. I've used gainers before and i didn't mind them. The gainer is also considerably cheaper, and is 50/50 protein and carbs.

Has anyone on the forum purchased this product before - 14kg MASS GAINER - 50/50 PROTEIN POWDER - CHOCOLATE - WHEY ISOLATE & CONCENTRATE | eBay

My friend is cautious of the quality of the product, i said i think they are basically all the same just some flash labels and marketing hype. Are they are quality product? Is there a better deal where we can get more for the money?

Mass gainer is rubbish...

There is a reason the gainer is cheaper.... It's likely that the 50% of quality protein is mixed with cheaper rubbish carbs and sugars...

Mass gainer is an inferior product...

If your going to buy protein better of buying high quality WPC protein with zero fillers.... Or even better eat more meat and eggs...

If you want the crappy carbs with your shake eat a piece of bread...

Thanks Nazz,

Is the wpc sold by that company considered any good? There's a lot of protein powers out there, a lot sold in bulk too, just hard to work out which ones are worth buying.

Bulk nutrients on here gets reps... They are a site sponsor... I use this one....

Protein n more is another often mentioned on here... Last i saw they are slightly cheaper although I haven't used them yet...

Nobull supplements sponsor sticky on here... Mention his name and they'll throw in a free shirt...

15kg of WPC for $247.50 (not the absolute cheapest, but i like this mob)
Whey Protein Concentrate from Australia | Professional Whey

or 15kg WPC for $249 (I prefer their powdered oats for carbs.. plus they have cheap other stuff)
Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
15kg of powdered oats for $110
Fine Powdered Oats
so $180 for a 50/50 mix, but possibly more reputable than ebay??

or any of the trusted sponsors??

or you could ebay

Regarding powdered oats... You can just buy no frills oats for a coupla bucks a kilo from Cole's or woolies... And run them through a blender...

Presto... Powdered oats...

yeah i know, but then i'd have to buy a blender.. and i don't eat them much anyways :D (prefer rice for carbs.. about $3/kg)

oh, and last no-frills oats i bought had weevils :( LOL

anyway, was just a suggestion if OP is dead set on getting a fatgainer type product

Last edited:
yeah i know, but then i'd have to buy a blender.. and i don't eat them much anyways :D (prefer rice for carbs.. about $3/kg)

anyway, was just a suggestion if OP is dead set on getting a fatgainer type product

And a damn good suggestion at that...

Adding powdered oats to shake... Easy way to add calories if you want to bulk...

Hi guy's,

I typically just take whey concentrate, but tired of going through 1kg tubs in less than a week i've asked my mate about going halves in buying in bulk. Thing is though he uses a gainer. I've used gainers before and i didn't mind them. The gainer is also considerably cheaper, and is 50/50 protein and carbs.

Has anyone on the forum purchased this product before - 14kg MASS GAINER - 50/50 PROTEIN POWDER - CHOCOLATE - WHEY ISOLATE & CONCENTRATE | eBay

My friend is cautious of the quality of the product, i said i think they are basically all the same just some flash labels and marketing hype. Are they are quality product? Is there a better deal where we can get more for the money?

Boloney,

We have taken a look at the label of the product you have there in your link.

Broken down, this is what it is...

WPC and WPI powder with Maltodextrin.

When you take a look at the grams of protein you get in 100grams you will see 41g. This means that the product is 41% protein. Really, this is what you are paying for. A very very tiny amount of your money is paying for maltodextrin (sugar) which is hardly worth taking into consideration.

We also have the price (on special) at $203.

So far, if you are following, you are paying for a product of 41% protein for $203.

Just for comparisons sake, our WPC product, which is nothing else but WPC is at a highest possible 80% protein (78% flavoured) for $279 at 15kg compared to the link you provided of 41% for $203 at 14kg.

Now, yes, buying pure WPC will not get you the carbs. This is where we encourage you to do it yourself and save big time. Our Fine Powdered Oats can be had for as little as $9.

Twice the amount of protein (80%), 1kg extra (15kg) and carbs picked up for $9.

"Mass Gainers" are still being sold at the price of a 100% protein product despite the product being half sugar (peanuts price-wise). Supplement companies can get away with this for as long as people do not know how to do their calculations using the Nutritional information.

Carbs: Bulk Nutrients Carbohydrates

Protein: Bulk Nutrients Protein Products

Great post BN. There is no way to argue with the facts. Mass gainers have never been good value.

Baloney, show your mate this thread and if he still wants to buy a mass gainer then go it on your own.

can get a resonable blender from around $20

wevils are just extra protein