• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tonight, world record freefall from the edge of space

Apparently the massive balloon that will carry his vessel is made out of material no thicker than a ziplock lunch bag :eek: So one almighty gust of wind could cause some serious issues, or tear it....which obviously wouldn't be good lol

Also, as a side note, this guys girlfriend is so hot. (& also obviously very supportive of this insanity) lol

Pics of girlfriend

And also, the balloon when fully inflated is 55 storeys high from the capsule to the top of the balloon!

Last edited:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349955699.420020.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349955709.426835.jpg

They're a cute couple lol

The balloon is taller than the Seattle Space Needle :eek: 40 acres high. Filled with helium lol

It makes me laugh, because it just sounds so ridiculous lol

Talk about keeping it simple eh? :p

New attempt will be on Sunday 14th of October 12pm GMT time!

Lets hope the weather cooperates! Two attempts aborted, third time lucky hopefully!

Urgh, the thought of it makes me feel so queazy. I said to my friends last night, that its obviously taken 50+ years to find another human being insane enough to attempt this lol

Fingers crossed for him, he's a very brave man.

This Sunday, awesome. What a champ, I have done skydiving and its a hell of a rush but I think it would take a brave son of a bitch to jump from that height and break the sound barrier. The slightest fuck up and its game over. Read an interesting paper a while ago about the mindset and neural abilities of people like this bloke, most F1 drivers, fighter pilots, astronauts and people that can cope under massive pressure and remain calm have very different qualities to us average folk and don't get excited too easily. Will see i I can dig it up.

This Sunday, awesome. What a champ, I have done skydiving and its a hell of a rush but I think it would take a brave son of a bitch to jump from that height and break the sound barrier. The slightest fuck up and its game over. Read an interesting paper a while ago about the mindset and neural abilities of people like this bloke, most F1 drivers, fighter pilots, astronauts and people that can cope under massive pressure and remain calm have very different qualities to us average folk and don't get excited too easily. Will see i I can dig it up.

That would be a brillian article! Please do try find it!

I'd love to attempt something like this, words without action though means very little, and maybe actually given the chance I'd change my mind? But it is a hell of a feat and something I would love to experience or even be a part of. It will be remembered forever that's for sure!

He was an airforce jumper this guy & has spent many years being psychologically conditioned. I think 5 years just preparing for this jump? Darkoz will correct me if I'm wrong there.

Lots of info to be found on the psychological preparation of lads like this. Still, very impressive & extremely brave. Kittenger first jumped in 1960 to assist the US airforce & NASA to be able to see medically what occurred in the human body from that height & to assist them in creating a better spacesuit apparently.

This current guys stats will also be used for the same, but this time, its much more exciting from a medical perspective, because his body will break the sound barrier & despite all efforts at research & guessing, its never been done before, so they're unsure whether parts of his body will go subtronic or supertronic seperately & to varying degrees, or all at once?

Its bloody fascinating. And terrifying!

He was an airforce jumper this guy & has spent many years being psychologically conditioned. I think 5 years just preparing for this jump? Darkoz will correct me if I'm wrong there.

Lots of info to be found on the psychological preparation of lads like this. Still, very impressive & extremely brave. Kittenger first jumped in 1960 to assist the US airforce & NASA to be able to see medically what occurred in the human body from that height & to assist them in creating a better spacesuit apparently.

This current guys stats will also be used for the same, but this time, its much more exciting from a medical perspective, because his body will break the sound barrier & despite all efforts at research & guessing, its never been done before, so they're unsure whether parts of his body will go subtronic or supertronic seperately & to varying degrees, or all at once?

Its bloody fascinating. And terrifying!

Interesting fact, when kittenger was on his way up in 1960 (first guy in outer space kinda thing if I'm not wrong?) his pressurised glove stopped working and his right hand blew up to twice the size and was in excruciating pain, but decided not to tell NASA because they would of aborted and he may of never gotten the chance to do it again. So he jumped anyway. You see him checking out his hand in the footage when he lands.

If I'm not wrong if he breaks the sound barrier, he could talk and not hear himself yeh? Haha I'm not that cluey about all the physics and crap involved.

Ahhhh ok, same site says 12pm in the live link section lol

I guess it takes hours to inflate the balloon & prepare for lift off anyway....its exciting!

Ahhhh ok, same site says 12pm in the live link section lol

I guess it takes hours to inflate the balloon & prepare for lift off anyway....its exciting!

I think the 12pm time is for a another time zone
They say it'll take an hour or so to inflate the balloon and then another 3 or so hours for the ascent.
They'll have a 20 second delay on the live broadcast in case something goes wrong, which is understandable.

So 6.30am, is 10.30pm my time. Man I'm going to be up all night again aren't I Naughty? lol

Yeah I read about the delay, urgh makes me feel anxious! He seems very calm though? He's in the zone! Hopefully it goes ahead this time, I believe this attempt is with their 'back up' balloon :eek:

lol

So 6.30am, is 10.30pm my time. Man I'm going to be up all night again aren't I Naughty? lol

Yeah I read about the delay, urgh makes me feel anxious! He seems very calm though? He's in the zone! Hopefully it goes ahead this time, I believe this attempt is with their 'back up' balloon :eek:

lol

I don't if I'll stay up to watch it live otherwise I'll be a zombie tomorrow at work.
Let us know how it goes missy :D

I don't if I'll stay up to watch it live otherwise I'll be a zombie tomorrow at work.
Let us know how it goes missy :D

Fu :mad: This latest addiction is YOUR fault lol

Luckily I only have one meeting tomorrow afternoon, I'll be having an all night slumber party with youtube & a small tub of ice cream lol