• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Tonight, world record freefall from the edge of space

36 kilometres is the edge of space? Really? Am trying to finish last minute work stuff & just saw an update on the tv....

Naughty? Do we know how long approximately he will free fall for? Do we know any info on the risks to the human body at that height? If any? And what are they?

I am feeling anxiety at just the thought lol

The free fall will take around 8 mins.
If his body was exposed without the pressurized space suit his body fluids including his blood would boil, not to mention his eyeballs would pop like a balloon.
It would certainly be a very gruesome death, at least he wouldn't be alive when his body explodes on impact.

Last edited:
Watching 'rude tube' now :D

Wtf is rude tube? lol Don't make me go look it up, I'm on hiatus...

Also, what is going on with this jump thing & ETA for us now, given the delay? It'll be the middle of the night now won't it? lol

I'm sleepy for once in my life damnit & have another huge day tomorrow, but I really want to see this!

I keep watching this trailor & it makes me feel physically sick. Looks incredible, fantastic feat if he can pull it off but fuck me thats so high....

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=xDn-T6dqMGM

Last edited:
Waited up until 2.30am for a space jump that never happened :(
lol

Aborted due to gusty winds....

I am disappoint.

Bella rude tube is a show of funny vids off the net lol.

I'm happy it didn't happen might get to see it now! Downloaded the redbull app for updates too!

lol thanks Jaz & yes, good point!

I was watching this in the early hours of this morning, Joe Kittenger did it first in 1960, which I find remarkable, I believe the current guy has since broken Kittengers record in the pre test jumps preparing for this moment we're all waiting to watch, but still, 1960???? Incredible.

I particularly love the moment when he lights a cigarette at the end lol

Joe has helped coach this fellow for his latest jump & will be the only voice the guy hears during his decent to earth.

It is fascinating that its taken 40+ years for mankind to attempt this again. That spacesuit of Joe's back in the 60's must have been very advanced for its time.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

lol thanks Jaz & yes, good point!

I was watching this in the early hours of this morning, Joe Kittenger did it first in 1960, which I find remarkable, I believe the current guy has since broken Kittengers record in the pre test jumps preparing for this moment we're all waiting to watch, but still, 1960???? Incredible.

I particularly love the moment when he lights a cigarette at the end lol

Joe has helped coach this fellow for his latest jump & will be the only voice the guy hears during his decent to earth.

It is fascinating that its taken 40+ years for mankind to attempt this again. That spacesuit of Joe's back in the 60's must have been very advanced for its time.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

disappointed that they had to abort it :(
besides an astronaut, I think this is the gutsiest attempt a human has ever made, hard to believe that he's 43 years of age.

The main reason Joe Kittenger's record has lasted this long is funding, his record back in 1960 was managed and funded by the US Airforce so money wasn't a problem.
His record breaking attempt wasn't without incidence though...
Pressurization for his right glove malfunctioned during the ascent, and his right hand swelled up to twice its normal size

disappointed that they had to abort it :(
besides an astronaut, I think this is the gutsiest attempt a human has ever made, hard to believe that he's 43 years of age.

The main reason Joe Kittenger's record has lasted this long is funding, his record back in 1960 was managed and funded by the US Airforce so money wasn't a problem.
His record breaking attempt wasn't without incidence though...

Jesus! Well his right hand must have bounced back quickly, because he lights a smoke with it once back on earth lol

You're probably right about the funding, so thanks to Red Bull we get to see this again? lol God bless sponsorship :D

Naughty? You still on holidays? Did you fall asleep last night anyway? You made me stay up to try & catch a glimpse of history, so I blame you for making me put my car keys in the fridge this morning lol

Jesus! Well his right hand must have bounced back quickly, because he lights a smoke with it once back on earth lol

You're probably right about the funding, so thanks to Red Bull we get to see this again? lol God bless sponsorship :D

Naughty? You still on holidays? Did you fall asleep last night anyway? You made me stay up to try & catch a glimpse of history, so I blame you for making me put my car keys in the fridge this morning lol
Haha I've done the keys in the fridge move a couple of times myself.
I stayed up to watch it last night till about 1am and am back at work now :(
Hopefully they'll have another crack at it today, weather permitting

Update :

Godamnit, 2nd attempt was aborted due to wind yesterday too!

They're talking about a possible launch on Sunday now....weather permitting :/