• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
i have some bad news.

I have re-herniated the disc in my back. I have a degenerative disease in two of my verterbrae....

Another operation has been booked for thursday.

The surgeon said i did nothing wrong, and did all the right things in my rehab. Its a physical make-up fault, rather than an active or passive approach to rehab. It wouldn't matter if i'd been a road worker digging all day or someone sitting down all day....
Im devastated. 6 weeks off work too.

I wont be paying for the op as its a recurrence within 6 months of my last op. The surgeon and anaesthetist wont charge me the gap. So they'll still get paid, but i wont be out of pocket....

I was feeling so fit and hungry for more but the last week my back has been so bad, i haven't been able to sit for more than 5 minutes and some mornings on the floor in agony for up to 3 hours until the pain meds kick in. Terrible week. And with my daughter starting school on wednesday, i really am upset about it. I want to be fully part of it, but wont be able to drive her....... FFAAARRRRKKKK

anyway, ill make sure i send some pics from the hospital again on thursday....
Same op, same surgeon... They decided against a total fusion as im still young and that would mean 6 months off work, but will need that op in about 10 years as my back is just fucked.

that's fucked. so much work and rehab done and now you have to do it again.

your pain sounds so much worse than anything i'm putting up with so condolences - i'm down to only getting occasional "can't move for the pain" episodes every few days, limping and restricted movement for a few minutes here and there but i can at least get to the point where i'm walking freely for long periods and i can limit my movements to avoid pain a fair bit. from what i'm told, the pain related to herniated discs is beyond horrible.

at least there's no doubt at all of what needs to be done and the surgery itself won't be a financial burden (though the time off work will be).

sucks, feel for you mate.

Shit mate that's some terrible news. 6 weeks off work and another op, that's just some bad luck right there.
Don't stress too much about not getting to your daughters first few days, trust me, there will be plenty of good moments too see her at school to enjoy throughout the year.

Thanks grippy and march

Man, when I told my daughter I couldn't come on her day to school as I can't sit in the car, it broke my heart man. She just cuddled me and said we can do more when your backs better. Killed me man.
Anyway, one of my mates who plays superXV rugby has had this op twice so it's not the end of the world. I'm just upset at the moment. More so about the school thing.
Thanks

Man, when I told my daughter I couldn't come on her day to school as I can't sit in the car, it broke my heart man. She just cuddled me and said we can do more when your backs better. Killed me man.

Fuck that would have sucked!!! Feel for you there mate :( wishing you all the best mate and looking forward to seeing you bounce back bigger and better than last!! Good luck :)

i have some bad news.

I have re-herniated the disc in my back. I have a degenerative disease in two of my verterbrae....

Another operation has been booked for thursday.

The surgeon said i did nothing wrong, and did all the right things in my rehab. Its a physical make-up fault, rather than an active or passive approach to rehab. It wouldn't matter if i'd been a road worker digging all day or someone sitting down all day....
Im devastated. 6 weeks off work too.

I wont be paying for the op as its a recurrence within 6 months of my last op. The surgeon and anaesthetist wont charge me the gap. So they'll still get paid, but i wont be out of pocket....

I was feeling so fit and hungry for more but the last week my back has been so bad, i haven't been able to sit for more than 5 minutes and some mornings on the floor in agony for up to 3 hours until the pain meds kick in. Terrible week. And with my daughter starting school on wednesday, i really am upset about it. I want to be fully part of it, but wont be able to drive her....... FFAAARRRRKKKK

anyway, ill make sure i send some pics from the hospital again on thursday....
Same op, same surgeon... They decided against a total fusion as im still young and that would mean 6 months off work, but will need that op in about 10 years as my back is just fucked.

Thats fucked, you poor ****.

If you got private health do yourself a favour and look up disc replacement. Only a couple surgeons do them I've met steel fixers who were back at work in 6 weeks, a dude in my office was back to work (desk job) after 4 weeks.

I feel for ya bro.

Thanks for the well wishes

At hospital now at pre-admissions.
Blood test, gave blood & had all my medical history and allergies checked. All the staff are lovely but so far not one good looking nurse in sight! Lol

Thanks for the well wishes

At hospital now at pre-admissions.
Blood test, gave blood & had all my medical history and allergies checked. All the staff are lovely but so far not one good looking nurse in sight! Lol

Wait for the night nurses ha ha

Good luck second time around mate I hope you get this sorted !

Terrible fuckin news mate, lets hope this is the final surgery you have, i have to doubt you'll be back fighting fit in no time..

Thanks again all.
Ill try get some funny pics once im admitted on Thursday.
As you know my wife works with spinal cord injuries, her help has been invaluable. Especially explaining the terminology of it all!! Lol. She wants to be in the operating theatre to see it all happen!! Lol
Thanks again.

Thanks everyone!!
I will make sure i at least get some good pics of the view from my room (prince of wales private) if theres no decent nurses...

Thanks. I'm being admitted at 630 am tomorrow.
I've Had my last meal just now (22:31).
Bit nervous.
Was our daughters first day of school today too. Amazing feeling. She loved it! Lol

You'll be right champion.

Stay strong man.

Just think about how much better you'll feel in a couple of months playing with your daughter.