• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Paying someone for exercise/diet program

kal-el

Lately Ive been thinking about paying someone to write an exercise and diet program for me. However I dont know if its worth it, the guy is well known in the USA and yes it is online programming.

The reason

I have recently just come back to being able to train after about 12 months of dealing with injuries. Ive been back for just on 7 weeks, during my time off I had a few spurts of upper body training here and there but it didnt last long.

During the first 3-4 weeks of being back I had no results besides strength increase. My goal was a bit of a recomp I wanted to lose some fat and hopefully gain back some of the muscle I had lost. It wasnt until about 3 weeks ago that I actually started losing some size off my waist measurement.

I have lost 500g of weight, have gone down a bit over a belt notch and lost an inch off my waist in about the past 3 weeks. My weight has not changed, all this is fine with me except for the fact that I look no different in the mirror than I did 7 weeks ago. The only thing that is noticeable is size on my legs coming back.

Im currently eating 1500cals a day with one day a week of 2-2500, usually 2000 and rarely but sometimes Ill take in less than 1500. Im getting 150-200 grams of protein a day, currently weight 76.5kg and am a tall 5'8".

Have been doing stuff all cardio besides walking, but as of Friday I got clearance to start running, skipping, jumping again.

I have gotten semi-ish lean before, I was 74kg at about 13% BF before I injured myself.

This time though I seem to be stuck and not seeing results.

So Im considering whether or not to pay this guy to write me exercise and diet programs until I get back on track somehow.

When I first started back training I could barely squat the bar for 10 Im now hitting 80kg for 3x10, I could deadlift only 60kg for 10 Im now hitting 110kg for 10, even my strength is coming slower than I would have liked.

I know there are going to be some guys that come on here and go do starting strength youre weak you need to get strong. I understand the importance of strength and no matter what I do I will get stronger and I know there is a need for strength. However I have done starting strength before and I looked pretty much the same as when I started it and I know someone is going to say well you didnt do it right your lifts were shit etc etc. My lifts werent that great but they werent that shit either, I know guys that are MUCH bigger than I ever was that were MUCH weaker than I was.

One of my biggest issues at the moment is I have no confidence in what Im doing, training wise or diet wise. My current program is the greyskull LP.

So Im not looking for the usual response of do a strength routine and eat heaps (Im fat I dont need to eat heaps), my primary goal is to improve my physique get bigger/leaner and Im wondering if its worth paying someone to help me get there.

The cost would be $250/month with unlimited online access to the coach.

Fuck an online coach for 250/month. Count your cals and do more cardio if your in a rush to lose weight, doesn't have to be running or anything shit like that go box, do mma, paddle a surf ski get active and restrict your cals the weight will fall off.

You're 76kg at 5'8. You're not overweight by any means. Eat some steak and potatoes and lift some heavy shit.

Can u speak to someone local? Heaps of nutritionists around.. Not worth $250 month for help via correspondence IMO

Nah its not the same one, I have spoken to a couple of nutritionists and they all say "youre not overweight losing weight is not good" or something along those lines. I guess I could search for a nutritionist that deals with guys that want better physiques not ones that have chronic diseases.

is it the same coach as pumpingiron??

why not look around the net for a program that you have faith in.

I'm sure there will be one out there for you.

like this one;
4 Day Power Muscle Burn Workout Split | Muscle & Strength

it has emphasis on strength and hypertrophy.

as for your diet, there are heaps of diets on the net,

Bodybuilding.com - Nutrition 101: Eat To Build Lean Muscle

ok, that'll be AUD$249.85

Deposit into my PayPay in the next 28 days,

thanks

Will do whats your paypal account?

Thats part of my problem I have no confidence in the programs I choose, my diet should be fine I should be able to lose weight how Im eating but it doesnt seem to be happening.

Ill check out that program though, thanks.

Fuck an online coach for 250/month. Count your cals and do more cardio if your in a rush to lose weight, doesn't have to be running or anything shit like that go box, do mma, paddle a surf ski get active and restrict your cals the weight will fall off.

I surf 3 hours a week as well and I do count cals, 1500 6 days a week and 2000-2500 once a week, usually 2000.

to much of a trek to head to one of the PTC's once or twice a month ?

no one else local you could go to ?

The gym I usually go to is an olympic lifting gym, so not physique focused at all and I get the feeling PTC are more performance/strength focused rather than physique.

I guess now I can run I might add in some cardio/conditioning 2-3 times a week and see if it makes any difference over the next two weeks and go from there.

Im just very impatient.

Mate, without seeing a pic of you, I'd suggest upping your calories to at least 2000 per day, and alternate each day with HIIT and a strength training program. Have 1-2 days off per week, depending on how you feel. There is a plethora of strength and HIIT programs right here in this forum that will work perfectly for you, if you stick with it. Ease into it and have fun along the way - that's the main trick to keeping with it.

Just like you didn't get fat over night, you can't expect to turn back into the incredible hulk in the same time. These things take a reasonable effort and due diligence on your part. Save yourself a fortune and look through this forum.

Also check out a few members diaries, there are quite a few of us who have made very good gains/losses, all with slightly different applications. If nothing else, save your money and invest it directly back into your self with good foods and self education.

The gym I usually go to is an olympic lifting gym, so not physique focused at all and I get the feeling PTC are more performance/strength focused rather than physique.

I guess now I can run I might add in some cardio/conditioning 2-3 times a week and see if it makes any difference over the next two weeks and go from there.

Im just very impatient.

Where are you based these days mate? I was a "bodybuilder" before I turned my focus to heavy lifting. If you need help I'd be far cheaper than the online coach you're looking at.

Am I missing something?? You say you have had no progress but in 3 weeks have lost inch off waist, lost half a kg and gained strength.

Looks like progress to me.

Am I missing something?? You say you have had no progress but in 3 weeks have lost inch off waist, lost half a kg and gained strength.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, great gains in a short timeframe and he says he has made no progress. :confused:

$250 per months for a generic diet plan and some exercises. Mate you must have more cash than sense. If you don't know what to do with your mony send me some and I will send you a list of foods to eat and some exercises to do.

Lift weights following some of the routines here, or hell, for $10 I let you look at my training log on this forum :p. Do some HIIT on non gym days and eat healthy. Your body wil do the rest. No point lining the pockets of someone else, I can't believe anyone would pay that. May be I should start something similar and retire from work:rolleyes:

What sort of progress do you expect? Gaining muscle while dieting is slow, just FYI.

Most before after shots of impressive physiques are the result of very strong fat guys dieting and adding tan lotion.

I managed to lose 1kg a week when dieting. These days I add 5kg a month to my bench, roughly. I could never do both those at once, probably more like 1kg a month to bench while dieting. And 1kg per week off the scales is really hard to achieve, and I'm saying this as someone who's 195cm tall.

Last edited:
Please don't start the strength training doesn't build physique argument :(

Please dont start the its magical and does everything argument. All I said was I have done it and it didnt work for me, which it didnt.

Where are you based these days mate? I was a "bodybuilder" before I turned my focus to heavy lifting. If you need help I'd be far cheaper than the online coach you're looking at.

Im back up in Springfield now but I am working at Tamborine, if I get a chance soon I might come back down for a session at the gym, see if you can chuck some advice my way?

I guess its mainly because I personally cant actually see any change, Im also looking at it over the 7 weeks since Ive been back training.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, great gains in a short timeframe and he says he has made no progress. :confused:

$250 per months for a generic diet plan and some exercises. Mate you must have more cash than sense. If you don't know what to do with your mony send me some and I will send you a list of foods to eat and some exercises to do.

Lift weights following some of the routines here, or hell, for $10 I let you look at my training log on this forum :p. Do some HIIT on non gym days and eat healthy. Your body wil do the rest. No point lining the pockets of someone else, I can't believe anyone would pay that. May be I should start something similar and retire from work:rolleyes:

The opposite actually thats what you get when Uni sends you out on full time prac work and still dishes out course work, less cash than sense so thats saying something right?

I put this post up to help kick the idea around I guess.

What sort of progress do you expect? Gaining muscle while dieting is slow, just FYI.

Most before after shots of impressive physiques are the result of very strong fat guys dieting and adding tan lotion.

I managed to lose 1kg a week when dieting. These days I add 5kg a month to my bench, roughly. I could never do both those at once, probably more like 1kg a month to bench while dieting. And 1kg per week off the scales is really hard to achieve, and I'm saying this as someone who's 195cm tall.

I dont know progress I can see?

Just as an aside note, I hate how tall you are.

Mate, without seeing a pic of you, I'd suggest upping your calories to at least 2000 per day, and alternate each day with HIIT and a strength training program. Have 1-2 days off per week, depending on how you feel. There is a plethora of strength and HIIT programs right here in this forum that will work perfectly for you, if you stick with it. Ease into it and have fun along the way - that's the main trick to keeping with it.

Just like you didn't get fat over night, you can't expect to turn back into the incredible hulk in the same time. These things take a reasonable effort and due diligence on your part. Save yourself a fortune and look through this forum.

Also check out a few members diaries, there are quite a few of us who have made very good gains/losses, all with slightly different applications. If nothing else, save your money and invest it directly back into your self with good foods and self education.

Cheers, Id like to up the calories but I get a feeling fat loss would be even slower.

Last edited by a moderator:
What about Max Brenner kal-el....

I haven't use him personally... But I believe it might be 500$ for the year...

Look for body Evolution Australia