• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

How dose this diet look lean muscle

mikeym123

Hi there,
I am really new to this and I see alot of posts where people get the **** ripped into them. please try not doing this and constructive feedback would be amazing.
I am 19 from the UK and currently traveling the world, I am in Australia currently and put on abit of weight at about may. I then decided to change this in around july. i feel I am looking in much better shape and I just want to keep on improving, I love the gym now and feel I could dedicate myself to get in very good shape boxing is my passion at the moment and there is some good quailty out here I boxed alot back home for around 3 years as an amerture. my goal now is to lean out rip my muscle, like it to be bigger but want fat to go around my lower abs as dose everyone. this is my diet at the moment basically for a day i would love to hear how it sounds and if it is just stupid I am sorry please keep it constructive and dont try to destroy the hopes and dreams of this newb haha.

9:00 breakfast : 6 egg whites (1yolk), half bannana, table spoon of pb(peanut butter)

11:00-11:30 snack : whey protein with skimm milk, 6 almonds or 6 pitted dates

13:30 dinner : 1 cup of veg ( chopped carrot, green beans, celery, apple), 1 tin of tuna and low fat cottage cheese 1 tble spoon

14:00------ i then hit the gym either weights training or hitt training-------

14:30-15:00 post workout snack: whey protein shake with water, half a bannana

18;00 dinner: chicken breast, 1 cup veg ( chopped carrot, green beans, celery, apple), small serving pb tea spoon to make the chicken tast nice.

21;00-21:30 : whey protein shake with Milk, small bowl cottage cheese 2 tble spoons.

this is my typical diet i will switch the proteins (tuna and chicken occasionally with sardines and turkey or a good fish source) plesase let me know what you think and what i need to change to hit my goals. really appricate it and I will keep on lifting and trying to diet in the mean time.

Mikey, help us out a bit more mate so we can advise you better...

What's your height and current weight?

What sort of weight training are you doing and what are you trying to achieve while weight training?
What sort and frequency of HIIT training do you do?

What do you see as your ideal, or goal, weight?

Hi there matey my current workout looks like this...week1

Monday- upper body = bench press 8x3,milatary press 8x3 skull crushes 8x3, chins 3xfailure, babell rows 8x3

tuesday- Hitt training fast sprints 8 for 20 seconds 10 second rest and boxing 1 min all out 1 min rest for 6-8 rounds

wednesday- lower day = leg extensions8x3, calf raises 10x3, stiff leg dead lift 3x12, squats 4x10

thursday-hitt training 30 mins of 200m sprints and 200m cool down

friday -upper body incline dumbell 8x3, dips 3xfailure, wide grip pull down 8x3, deadlift 10x3, dumbell press 8x3, hammer curls 8x3

saturday- light boxing or rest

sunday- lower leg press 3x10,calf raise3x10,squats 3x10, lying leg curls 3x8

I am currently 5ft 8inch, 155pounds, 12-15%body fat, and the typical diet i tried to add up and came to this conclusion There are 103 calories in 6 large Egg Whites. Calorie breakdown: 3% fat, 5% carbs, 92% protein.
In bannana Calories110 Total Carbohydrates29.0g 10% Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16% Sugars 21.0g Protein1.0g
Cals 94 Fat 8.06g Carbs 3.13g Prot4.01g There are 94 calories in 1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter. Calorie Breakdown: 72% fat, 12% carbs, 16% prot.
In cottage cheese Calories 81 Calories from Fat Total Fat 2% Cholesterol 5mg 2% Sodium 459mg 19% Total Carbohydrates 3.1g 1% Sugars 3.1g Protein 14.0g
There are 120 calories in Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast
canned tuna in water provides 109 calories and fresh Canned tuna has 2.5 g total fat, and fresh has 4 g. They have about 1 g saturated fat and 32 to 36 mg cholesterol.

Calories a day 103 in egg whites + 110 in full banana + 188 in 2 table spoon of pb a day + 324 in 4 table spoons of cottage cheese + 190 in tinned tuna + 120 in grilled chicken + 408 in 3 whey proteins =1373 calories a day

I am currently 5ft 8inch, 155pounds, 12-15%body fat, and the typical diet i tried to add up and came to this conclusion There are 103 calories in 6 large Egg Whites. Calorie breakdown: 3% fat, 5% carbs, 92% protein.
In bannana Calories110 Total Carbohydrates29.0g 10% Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16% Sugars 21.0g Protein1.0g
Cals 94 Fat 8.06g Carbs 3.13g Prot4.01g There are 94 calories in 1 tablespoon of Peanut Butter. Calorie Breakdown: 72% fat, 12% carbs, 16% prot.
In cottage cheese Calories 81 Calories from Fat Total Fat 2% Cholesterol 5mg 2% Sodium 459mg 19% Total Carbohydrates 3.1g 1% Sugars 3.1g Protein 14.0g
There are 120 calories in Grilled Skinless Chicken Breast
canned tuna in water provides 109 calories and fresh Canned tuna has 2.5 g total fat, and fresh has 4 g. They have about 1 g saturated fat and 32 to 36 mg cholesterol.

Calories a day 103 in egg whites + 110 in full banana + 188 in 2 table spoon of pb a day + 324 in 4 table spoons of cottage cheese + 190 in tinned tuna + 120 in grilled chicken + 408 in 3 whey proteins =1373 calories a day

my fitness pal is a good website/ phone app to track your macros

Is 1373 cals enough to bulk up and cut fat and keep the energy levels up?

Have you worked out your rmr - resting metabolic weight ?

I'm cutting on 2300 kcals (though I have trouble eating that much , usually eat around 1800)
Me 6 foot currently 105kg aiming for under 100kg by christmas and 93-96kg by easter.

At 5'8, 155 & between 12-15% BF (how accurate is this? calipers, tape? what formula?) I wouldn't cut at all, just eat & lift to gain mass.

If you're 155 at ~15% body fat, your LBM is around 125-130lbs... that means you have about 20lbs to cut, at most.

You could probably drop a good %age (e.g. 5-10lbs) of your body fat without even having to do much to your diet, just by lifting and hitting your maintenance calories by eating to your macros. Any exercise you do will create a decent enough deficit for you to lose extraneous fat at a decent rate while building lean body mass, especially as a newb.

Where did you get your program from?