• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Count greens into your macros?

easunn

hey guys. so ive been wondering if greens should be counted in your macros during your contest prep.

some say its fine to have any amount and just leave the numbers out.

whereas, others say a carb is a carb. and if since you are already counting calories, just count those greens in as well.

what are your thoughts, guys? does it make a difference? or just forget the hassle?

hey guys. so ive been wondering if greens should be counted in your macros during your contest prep.

some say its fine to have any amount and just leave the numbers out.

whereas, others say a carb is a carb. and if since you are already counting calories, just count those greens in as well.

what are your thoughts, guys? does it make a difference? or just forget the hassle?

If you eat it you count it.

yea but its contracting when you have who also advice you to leave it out.

the best solution, probably is to get in the same kind same amount of vege in daily uh?

As said needs to be counted mate. I never measure food by weight but by volume. 1 cup of broccoli or 1/2 cup of broccoli.

yea but its contracting when you have who also advice you to leave it out.

the best solution, probably is to get in the same kind same amount of vege in daily uh?

No it's not. The people that say don't count it are wrong. Simple as that why go to the effort of counting calories if you are only counting the calories of certain foods.

If you don't count greens you might as well not count chocolate and beer either, just have it.

People that say don't count it are wrong.

If you eat it you need to count it or why bother counting only some of it, makes no sense what so ever.

I didn't count my greens dieting last year but I was JUST dieting. Those small numbers can be a big difference in your final result for comp. All my girlfriends in comp count every calorie. Every last one.

I didn't count my greens dieting last year but I was JUST dieting. Those small numbers can be a big difference in your final result for comp. All my girlfriends in comp count every calorie. Every last one.

If they count all incoming cals religiously, do they count all expenditure as well?

As said needs to be counted mate. I never measure food by weight but by volume. 1 cup of broccoli or 1/2 cup of broccoli.

Really? what if a couple florets or brocoli are angled in such a way it allows an extra few to fit into that cup?

i find weight is the only accurate way.

more so things like oats/rice - half a cup could vary heaps.

I onyl count veges that are starchy like potato

I to tend to leave a 200 cal buffer each day for all my vegies- but i dont think a cup of spinach or bok choy, Let alone a lettuce is going to make much diff.

If you eat it (and you count cals) then you count it. Seems pretty simple to me. (as well as that I like to see how much fibre I get)

taking your advice to count in my greens. gotta be consistent for awhile to see if it works.

by the way, i know this is kinda off topic. but do you guys count your brown rice cooked or uncooked?

because i realise on certain days i use more water to cook it, t will weigh out differently. and if i were to weigh it uncooked, the macros are way to different as compared to cooked rice.

what are your thoughts peeps?

taking your advice to count in my greens. gotta be consistent for awhile to see if it works.

by the way, i know this is kinda off topic. but do you guys count your brown rice cooked or uncooked?

because i realise on certain days i use more water to cook it, t will weigh out differently. and if i were to weigh it uncooked, the macros are way to different as compared to cooked rice.

what are your thoughts peeps?

Uncooked

no difference in macros. rice is rice.
use the dry weight macros and dry weight of rice.

better to weigh raw anything that can absorb or lose water..
if it doesn't change when cooking, or always ends up the same after cooking, then cooked weight is ok.
still, it's easierto weigh stuff as it goes into the pot/bowl..
add stuff, tare scale.. add morre stuff, tare scale again