• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Best green tea brands

DREADLIFT

Those in the know, whats the best brand of green tea to get my hands on. More concerned of nutritional benefits over taste/comfort.
Will be making iced green tea from it and have never bought tea before in my life.

wouldnt have thought there would be much difference between brands, but then again i have been known to be wrong before....

Those in the know, whats the best brand of green tea to get my hands on. More concerned of nutritional benefits over taste/comfort.
Will be making iced green tea from it and have never bought tea before in my life.

lol here's a question .. what kind of green tea??? :cool:

I'm a fan of sencha (Japanese style).
If you prefer a gunpowder green tea style or something else....????

For sencha, which I think is a classic beautiful green tea hot or iced, I love T2 (Sencha | T2 Tea)
All their tea is fantastic, tbh.

But if you're just wanting garden variety supermarket, I'd go Twinings.
Their green teas are really good and you can get flavoured ones too.
Green + Mint is fantastic. Green + jasmine or lemon etc.
They're all great as iced tea.

Go Twinings. If you want something special, fork out for T2 :)

Matcha (Japanese powdered green tea) is very easy to use for cooking and contains plenty of caffeine. Tea2 carries an okay one, its not as good as the Japanese brands but is affordable.

Sendmetea.com.au. Has some good reasonably priced green and oolong teas

Twinings good for green tea?? Sacrilege
They cater more for the European market and tastes(usually fairly bland)
A lot of the better Green teas are from Taiwan,China, Korea and Japan

Oolong tea is susposed to help break down fats.Milky oolong and ginseng oolong are pretty good.

Puerha tea is susposed to help the digestion and have other health benefits and tastes more like coffee than other teas.Quite an earthy taste.

For good puerha tea
Menhai tea factory and I usually order via yunansourcing.com

The one from sendmetea in Brisbane is quite good though not as strong as a lot of them.
They also have a stall at some of the markets.

lexy, I don't buy Twinings, but if one was hung up on getting a green tea from the supermarket, it's an easy one to get.

depends on a person's palate.

I prefer my specialty organic sencha from T2 and Buddha's Tears.

not a fan of gunpowder green or matcha personally. the good thing about green teas is that there are so many different kinds, they cater for a wide range of palates.

I like green tea, but the caffeine in it gets me. I prefer rooibos or redbush tea... it has a lot of the same benefits, but is naturally caffeine free, and it actually tastes really nice.

It's proven [I think? will find a study] to be very good for inflammation, much better than green tea, and to aid the absorption of iron & proteins.

Pretty sure it's 'calorie free,' too.

lexy, I don't buy Twinings, but if one was hung up on getting a green tea from the supermarket, it's an easy one to get.

depends on a person's palate.

I prefer my specialty organic sencha from T2 and Buddha's Tears.

not a fan of gunpowder green or matcha personally. the good thing about green teas is that there are so many different kinds, they cater for a wide range of palates.

We buy our tea from here chocco.

A great little shop in hong kong

http://www.kichantea.com/eshop/prod...id=36&osCsid=0738dac11aa09b597663380a9b11f1db

I just basically want something cold and refreshing to chug throughout the day and while at work sweating my ass off with some sort of.nutritional benefit.

Going to mix in some EAAS. More of a all day amino acid anabolic cocktail than a delightful iced green tea.

Why not drink your EAAS separately from green tea? At least you can enjoy it a bit.
Go to an asian store and they should have a selection of green teas from asia.

Personally I prefer Sencha and Macha hot or cold, Oolong cold. Since I usually travel to Japan once or twice a year I stock up over there in whatever village I visit. I just get the local tea.

An obvious choice for you might be Macha, since you just mix the powder in. Issue is, it's one of the most expensive teas and it's a waste on what you will be doing.

If you go with sencha, you can put it in lots of cold water and put it in fridge for 4 to 6 hours. You will have a cold drink, you have to play around with quantities. If hot, for best taste, just sip it for 2min in hot water.

Organic sencha is great if your at Coles grab green tea and jasmine from Lipton or an organic brand plenty to chose from

some of the green teas i buy from asian supermarkets ive notcived actaully have a small fat content, I will find the exact name when i get home

There are so many out there i just change up every couple weeks so i can try them all, Some are really bitter, I find you need to work out how long to leave the bag in for the perfect flavour

Using boiling water can spoil the taste make some of them bitter.

Different types of green tea need different water temps.

For puerh let it fully boil and leave it to stew for a few minutes especially if you like it strong.

For other green teas, don't let it boil (you want around 80 - 90* C depending on the tea) especially for the more delicate ones and don't let them stew.
Don't leave the tea leaves in the water for more than a minute to two minutes at the most.