• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

hypertrophy program for intermediate lifter?

Semillon

I started lifting 1 year ago, did the PTC beginner program for 6 months and followed it up with starting strength for another 6 months, my main lifts are currently Squat: 137.5x5, Bench: 70x5, Deadlift: 155x5 and Press: 53.5x5. Hopefully they will all be bumped up further over the next month or so as I finish off my run at starting strength.

Bodyweight is just under 89kg, I estimate low 30s bodyfat % - I am planning to run a small calorie defecit for the rest of the year to address this.

With those formalities out of the way, I am looking for a hypertrophy focused program to give a try next. I would prefer to go to the gym 3 days per week, however 4 is not out of the question.

Any suggestions?

So far on my possible list is Growth Stimulus Training.

upper/lower split. 2 days per week each. 3x10 for most exercises.
google lyle mcdonald's basic bulking program

Have a look at dc training, it can be tough, Justin Harris and his followers are all stuck up wankers, but it's a good program.

531 with bb assistance?

I was going to say that an upper/lower routine would be good but this would actually be even better. You could quite easily run 5/3/1 with the basics of Lyle's routine tacked on as assistance which will allow you to maintain some strength progression but increase the overall volume significantly for hypertrophy.

haha
+1 to 5/3/1
Nice and simple and you can program assistance like a retard and still make progress