• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

walt

DuffProteinMan
necessary -
1. Absolutely essential.

already got the next great thread in mind guys!

Synthol and Barbell curls in the squat rack are all you need..

---------------------------------------------
Barbell Curl : 6KG
Leg Press : 30KG
Chest Press Machine : 20KG

Last edited:
Do squats in the smith machine count??

Serious question.... Some momo trainer the other day espousing the value of quarter squats in the smith machine...

His point to target the quads for the tear drop...

They're not.

Bodybuilding competing is gay, and squats make you more of a man. Therefore they're counterproductive.

What's going on here?

just chatting in the strength section

this may be off-topic a little bit
saw a guy at the gym yesterday doing smith machine squats with 40kg. He had massive legs but clearly he is not a real bodybuilder

Last edited:
Absolutely NOT necessary for a bodybuilder. Bodybuilding should focus the chest, arms and abdominal muscles. Squats widen the hips, thickens the legs which makes you look stocky.

Look at Zyzz, a big upper body which tapers down to a narrow lower body. Very streamlined aesthetic appearance.

Absolutely NOT necessary for a bodybuilder. Bodybuilding should focus the chest, arms and abdominal muscles. Squats widen the hips, thickens the legs which makes you look stocky.

Look at Zyzz, a big upper body which tapers down to a narrow lower body. Very streamlined aesthetic appearance.

Zyzz was the greatest bodybuilder to ever live i agree

I can't breathe!

Women especially should not do any form of squatting. Women genetically have wide hips and legs for child birth and doing squats will only make them look wider.

wwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaatt

Women had better squat. A squatting ass is a good ass.

Women especially should not do any form of squatting. Women genetically have wide hips and legs for child birth and doing squats will only make them look wider.
The wider the better. Seriously, proportionate to the rest of the body, I've only seen one woman in my life that I can remember having hips that were too wide. Far more often I see girls with no hips at all and I'm busy thinking: "My babies probably aren't even going to be that big, but there's no well in hell they'll make out of your nether-regions. Also you look like a boy."