• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Women especially should not do any form of squatting. Women genetically have wide hips and legs for child birth and doing squats will only make them look wider.

lol

thank you John :)

I squat 3 x a week. I just did a squatting challenge, 100 squats a day at varying weights, every day for a month.

I am not wider, because I'm still whittling down my frame, but I have managed to build myself a nice bum :p

Squats have built my glutes, given me powerful quads, tighter hammies and pretty much just firmed everything from the mid section, down.

I look very forward to squatting some more. (that's what she said) :D

So I feel, as a woman, I can confirm, that squats are an excellent compound exercise for a female to partake in ;)

Cheers though, will take your advice on board lol

IMG_2723_zps6e4faeed.jpg

yes. how can you pick up your dumbbell safely if you dont use your legs to lift it. seriously, check out m youtube channel, i did a video teaching correct squatting technique to pick up dumbbells safely.

No there not. Internet bodybuilders are scared of heavy weights. So it's best they don't squat to avoid the embarrassment when there are women with bigger legs squatting a lot more than what they do.

Squat is key

The squat should be, must be the key-stone exercise to everyone's workout.

Is it a good back builder?
Not really

Is it a good leg builder?
There are better safer options

Chest biulder?
Maybe

Is it good for developing hip strength?
Now we could be on to something but there could be safer options.

Is there another exercise that stimulates overall growth like the squat?

There is not!
It stands alone, a full range squat is working every muscle under the bar stimulating the whole system, which causes most discomfort, which is why it's not popular.

Squat is key

The squat should be, must be the key-stone exercise to everyone's workout.

Is it a good back builder?
Not really

Is it a good leg builder?
There are better safer options

Chest biulder?
Maybe

Is it good for developing hip strength?
Now we could be on to something but there could be safer options.

Is there another exercise that stimulates overall growth like the squat?

There is not!
It stands alone, a full range squat is working every muscle under the bar stimulating the whole system, which causes most discomfort, which is why it's not popular.

Do you rotate through different types of squats in your program? ie, back squats for 4 weeks, front squats for 4 weeks, overhead for 4 weeks...

or do you continue to back squat 3 times a week and add the other squats as a supplement to the back squats?

At the mo Harry I workout three times a week i squat once a week and supplement the rest of the week with leg-press and trap bar.

My squat set-up is;10,8,6 followed by a 20 rep back-ff set.

I only back squat.

a full range squat is working every muscle under the bar stimulating the whole system, which causes most discomfort, which is why it's not popular.

Same with deadlifts.

They are too hard and training is supposed to be easy. Nobody wants to work hard.

Shortcuts please.

/End Thread.

Same with deadlifts.

They are too hard and training is supposed to be easy. Nobody wants to work hard.

Shortcuts please.

/End Thread.

Well the hardest part of BBing is supposed to be sourcing your drugs the training should be the easy part.

I just cant decide which is more interesting, comical or whatever.

Standing on a Dias in a pair of sluggos in front of a crowd of screaming men

Or

Standing on a Dias in a jump suit with belt, elbow wraps, knee wraps in front of a crowd of screaming men

I could go on but I think we need to focus on the fact that we lift shit which is not too common.

:)

I always find it funny when people think bodybuilders take more gear than powerlifters

i just cant decide which is more interesting, comical or whatever.

Standing on a dias in a pair of sluggos in front of a crowd of screaming men

or

standing on a dias in a jump suit with belt, elbow wraps, knee wraps in front of a crowd of screaming men

i could go on but i think we need to focus on the fact that we lift shit which is not too common.

:)

hahah epic!