• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

fresh air gym

vonfram88

Hot in summer, cold in winter, but lots of fresh air.

Power rack with cable row. Nothing special and in need of some modification. The pins holding the bar hooks and safeties don't go all the way through the frame. Not sure if it would a really savage bar dump.

About 400kg of oly plates, Australian Barbell Power Bar, Cheap Chinese Bar.

A back extension bench/roman chair which here is propped up on the rack as an improvised GHR.

Dip bars. That's not my fitness first bag hanging off there!

Adjustable dumbell up to 32.5kg good for upright rows.

A new lifting floor made from two stacked sheets of ply and thick conveyor rubber.

I keep the leg press in the garage to potect it from the elements. It handles +400kg no problems but doesn't get a lot of use. Stretching rack for the adductors also in the garage next to my reloading press.

IMG_0570.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

IMG_0573.jpg

I too have an out door gym now, all my equipment is outside, will have to grab some photos and add them to this thread.

Might be a good thread for us 'hardcore' out door trainers:rolleyes:

I'm hoping to go outside by the years end. Having an extension put on outdoor/indoor room :) oh so much room!

This is my view when I squat. Lots of photosynthetic goodness. Also good hills to run up and down for warm up and warm down. A bit of mowing and slashing to do this weekend......shaky little tractor kills my back.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Bx2OGqjJeg"]Training POV - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I'm not hardcore enough for that.

Nice when the weather is good but too cold in winter and the heat and flies in summer.

Too cold in the winter for me, I train around 5.30 am and some mornings it's been -4C. My hands would freeze on the bar...

Vonfram88
Have you tried super setting with BBQing?

All home based training has a natural superset effect. Between sets I can help the kids with their homework and diffuse their squabbles, answer work emails, feed the chooks, walk around with the leaf blower, stop the jack russels from getting into the chooks, wait in hope for that pesky fox with the 12 guage on standby, do a poo, admire photos and videos of myself training etc......

Lmao :D

You live in a beautiful spot von! Great set up too.

What you get up to between sets, should probably never be spoken of again :eek:

Thanks for the laugh though! :D

All home based training has a natural superset effect. Between sets I can help the kids with their homework and diffuse their squabbles, answer work emails, feed the chooks, walk around with the leaf blower, stop the jack russels from getting into the chooks, wait in hope for that pesky fox with the 12 guage on standby, do a poo, admire photos and videos of myself training etc......

no... not the fox! .. I saw a pretty little red fox on my way home last night :)

I have the same rack without the cable setup. I haven't dropped anything heavy on it either. That leg press looks like a hack squat as well. I'm guessing that you don't do those much either.

I hate when the rain blows on my plates, summer can be a bitch, neighbours probably don't appreciate my parkway drive. Mozzies, cold, darkness, high-sets either side..

can't wait to build my big ass shed.

Here is my current out door gym, took these photos a couple of days ago:)

Gym is on the back deck of our house, will be here for the next 3-4 years before moving on and building a new house and indoor gym.

All gear is Aussie made Samson Gym Equipment, and most items are over 20 tears old and still going strong.

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg

IMG_2752.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2750.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2748.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

The view from the gym:

IMG_2761.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

Looking from the back yard towards the house:

IMG_2760.jpg

And the rest of the deck, looking towards the gym:

IMG_2759.jpg

My eBay Jim Beam Barrel:

IMG_2756.jpg

Little out door setting and BBQ's.....stainless steel gas BBQ and a Webber char coal unit under the cover next to it:

IMG_2757.jpg

Last edited:
Nice one bigmick. Also goes to show that you don't need Olympic bars & plates either. A weights a weight!!
Great looking set-up!?