• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hmmm.. I just tried one.. Yeh, wow.. Not a fan at all.. Hahaha.. Unless I just fucked it up somehow (although I followed the recipe exactly).. Will try again tomorrow for good measure.. But so far, not my kinda thing at all.. Haha

They should taste good, lol.

I make macaroons with almond meal and meringue (except that has a shitton of sugar and I haven't found a way around that yet, stevia tastes weird) and they taste amazeballs. I've been known to eat the whole batch in one sitting.

I wasn't a fan of the chocolate chips in it but tried another version without and they just tasted like almond biscuits.
I made another alteration today with coconut oil but found them to be a bit dry like they needed more oil.

They should taste good, lol.

I make macaroons with almond meal and meringue (except that has a shitton of sugar and I haven't found a way around that yet, stevia tastes weird) and they taste amazeballs. I've been known to eat the whole batch in one sitting.

Stevia does taste weird! Not sure if it's an acquired taste...?
Going to try sweetening with apple sauce in future cookies.
I love macaroons too!

Stevia does taste weird! Not sure if it's an acquired taste...?
Going to try sweetening with apple sauce in future cookies.
I love macaroons too!

It's an odd taste for sure. It's sweet but it's like... it tastes... cold? like peppermint, to me, it does that to your mouth.

Now I sound like a moron.

I thought about using almond butter and just whipped egg whites, but I don't think they'd be as chewy or get the crust on the outside.

Apple sauce is wicked for cookies. Especially with oats. Raisins, blueberries... oh man.

They were a bit better today, definitely harder at least.. Dunno, they have a really bitter flavor for me.. Still not a huge fan.. Maybe it was the chocolate I used though (organic 85% no dairy/gluten etc etc).. Maybe just not an idea baking chocolate (nice normally)

1B28A9F0-CECB-423C-86EB-6492DAE9CA0E-6548-000005347DC129D0_zpsa5ac168b.jpg

Looks good to me. That type of chocolate is bitter though... but I like that [I like my chocolate like I like my women].

Maybe try a lower %age of cocoa. 60% is pretty mild.

Just made these today.

Added stevia instead of honey but added milk chocolate. Also added milk instead of water. Evens out maybe?

Very good. As a tip if you eat them afterwards they are best after a quick zap in the microwave. Also good dipped in cream.

I'm gonna try stevia added. How much did you put in?

I was going to make these again but glue them together with a layer of chocolate like a macaroon.

Tonight's concoction

150g Almomd Meal
40g Macadamia Oil
4g Stevia (might go for 2 or 3g next time)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
40g roughly egg whites to help make a consistent batter
50g chopped dates

Made as per OP.
These are really good,but have that stevia after taste, will reduce the amount next time.

Tonight's concoction

150g Almomd Meal
40g Macadamia Oil
4g Stevia (might go for 2 or 3g next time)
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
40g roughly egg whites to help make a consistent batter
50g chopped dates

Made as per OP.
These are really good,but have that stevia after taste, will reduce the amount next time.

try using Natvia (from Coles/Woolies). it's a stevia blend. Use about 3/4 of the amount of sugar you'd normally use as a sub.
Also adds the bulk to the recipe that makes the cookies better.

no funny aftertaste either :)

you've already got dates in there so you don't need much...oh wait, SWEET TOOTH, I remember! :)

I usually start with 1/16 tsp of pure stevia and add another 1/16 tsp if needed, and test. Cookies usually do best with the bulk of a granular sweetener...even for the texture.

give that a go!

Thanks Viv! I actually have natvia in satchels which I bought for my coffee, didn't even cross my mind to use them!!

I'm sure they taste good and all but I can't see how these cookies are sin free with those macros? Seem pretty high in fat and carbs to me?

I'm sure they taste good and all but I can't see how these cookies are sin free with those macros? Seem pretty high in fat and carbs to me?

Remind me never to post recipes again.....

they're definitely not "sin free" but honestly, let's not associate food with sin.

that's just wrong. and what does it mean for it to be sinful anyway?

they are healthy and the macros are fine if they fit into what you are eating, otherwise they are a lovely alternative to the crap you buy, that's for sure. Nothing wrong with these as a treat.
If you use a stevia blend like Natvia you cut down on the carbs and they go all KETO :D