• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Your Daily Protein Intake

DKD

Private Dancer
I thought it might be interesting to get some info in one thread on how much, and what type, of protein the Aussbb folks consume each day.

This could be an opportunity for people to chime in with constructive feedback on others' habits. Maybe some will pick up some useful ideas from what others are doing.

So, the 2 basic questions are:

Q1 - How much protein do you consume on a typical day?

Q2 - What forms of protein do you typically consume to make up this number?

I don't pretend to have a magnificent nutritional plan, but anyhoo, my typical day for protein goes a little something like this:

2 x WPI shake = 70g approx
2 x tuna cans = 35g
1 turkey/ham sandwich with cheese = 25g
Dinner, whatever, chicken, fish, beef = 40g approx

Approximate total = 170g

That's when I'm in Sydney. When I'm interstate for work, eating hotel breakfast buffets with shedloads of bacon and eggs, that figure jumps to around 5,439g.

Laugh me ass Hoff. :D

200grams
40 ejaculations (3-5g per ejac.)

but srsly, anywhere from 170 - 200
chicken and some other form of meat and 1 shake.

200grams
40 ejaculations (3-5g per ejac.)

but srsly, anywhere from 170 - 200
chicken and some other form of meat and 1 shake.

You getting 200 from 1 shake and 2 meals? So the chicken and other form of meat are around 80g each? Interesting...seems a fair bit.

EDIT - maybe I'm underestimating how much protein I'm having at dinner. I just had some fish and chicken. Musta been at least 80g in there, so I would've passed 200 today.

Last edited:
I am on 250g per day which is 2.5/kg of body weight, only 1 shake and the rest from eggs, chicken, tuna and red meat.

You getting 200 from 1 shake and 2 meals? So the chicken and other form of meat are around 80g each? Interesting...seems a fair bit.

EDIT - maybe I'm underestimating how much protein I'm having at dinner. I just had some fish and chicken. Musta been at least 80g in there, so I would've passed 200 today.

40g wpc
250-300g chicken breast
other foods usually bump that up about 20-30g
dinner contains meat (200g of meat usually)

Anywhere between 90g - 110g on most days (>= 2g/kg)
Occasionally I'll go higher, not on purpose, just because if I'm eating more...up to around 135g

Main sources on any given day:
tuna / salmon
eggs
cottage cheese / ricotta / greek yoghurt
occasional chicken / pork :eek::p
whey / casein / pea / rice protein shakes (or in crap I make)
nuts / peanuts / beans

I do 150-200g a day usually. Or thereabouts, I'm not a counter I'm afraid, but I know what works for me.

Some days I do WPI, some days I don't.

Eggs
Mince
Chicken
Tuna
Steak

Or varients of the above each day. Usually one shake at least in there too. My meals are protein heavy & carb sparse. Except on the weekends :/

Then I also count alcohol as a main food group lol

Q1 - How much protein do you consume on a typical day?
I aim for 90g to 120g as a 56kg female.

Q2 - What forms of protein do you typically consume to make up this number?
Chicken Breast 300g a day in 2 meals
Hydroxyburn Lo Carb Balls - 1 70g packet a day
Tuna in Olive Oil - 1 or 2 90g cans
WPI - 1 shake a day in water

:)

Not sure on the gram amount but daily its made up of 2 shakes with whey and oats, main is made up from fish, roo and other meat.

Daily
Milk
Yogurt
And Variations of
Lamb
Beef
Fish
I don't do protien powder anymore, waste of cash and it is dumb.

I don't know the grammage I eat when hungry and stop when full, but it's a little different for me now.

Last edited:
I don't do protien powder anymore, waste of cash and it is dumb.

I tend to agree for the most part.

But I find some protein powders can be useful to cook with, especially for those of use who can't have wheat and some flours.
At least you can boost the protein along with making something that you can eat.

WPI is also good if you're struggling to eat enough kcals ... at least you can drink it in a shake to make up the diff on days when you just can't face more food :)

Running keto at the moment, 175g protein daily:
Bacon, 45g
Eggs, 19g
Chicken/Steak, lots
Mushrooms / veg / etc, a little

If I ever come up a little short in a day ill throw in a scoop of WPC

I tend to agree for the most part.

But I find some protein powders can be useful to cook with, especially for those of use who can't have wheat and some flours.
At least you can boost the protein along with making something that you can eat.

WPI is also good if you're struggling to eat enough kcals ... at least you can drink it in a shake to make up the diff on days when you just can't face more food :)

I forgot eggs and bacon.

For a young growing person chocco, using a good quality powder as you described is a good idea.

Done properly, eating food can really be laborious at best, there were times I really found eating a hard task.

I'm at 280g per day at the moment while cutting some fat.

2 meals a day

Protein Sources
Milk
Chicken
Fish
Eggs
Beef
Ice cream

I rarely have protein powder because it tastes like shit. Only time I do is if I haven't made my protein target by the end of the day while cutting. On a bulk I never worry about it because I'll be getting plenty of protein.

I find it easier (on the stomach) to drink my macros then eat all of them:

Breakfast shake: egg whites + oats + nat pb + goji's + banana + honey = ~50g protein
Nat pb on rice cakes = ~15g
Lunch = 100-150g chicken/turkey/beef + lentils/chickpeas= 30-40g
Afternoon = 2 eggs or tuna = 12-36g
1-2 x pea protein shakes = ~25-50g
Dinner = 100-150g chicken/turkey/beef + lentils/chickpeas = 30-40g

I'm 82kg so I just aim for about 180g protein. If I try lean out a bit heading into summer, then I will try increase that to 200-220g, if need be.

The only protien powder I really liked was Dave Drapers.

A good opportunity to post this great article, I apologize if you've read this before I think I have posted it a number of times on many forums over the years:p.

Preface: Dr. Ken's Reflections on "Some Notes About Ice Cream"

Ice Cream-Well, guilty as charged; everyone knows I love ice cream. I don't often eat cake or much of anything else containing sugar.

I've never been accused of having a sweet tooth.

However, ice cream, especially Graeter's Ice Cream from Cincinnati which I have been eating since 1965 when I can get my hands on it, serves as an important part of my diet.

I was told that I dug up every positive aspect of ice cream in order to justify my own intake.

No, I just laid out the pluses and minuses and made it clear that one can in fact, indulge at times if it is part of an overall diet that otherwise, makes room for such a treat.
Some Notes About Ice Cream

I have an almost incurable love affair with ice cream.

I can occasionally control myself and avoid it for days, even weeks at a time, but I'm invariably called back.

Is ice cream "bad," or at least as damaging to good health as many of us have been led to believe? There's no denying that the high butterfat content is contraindicated for those on a low fat diet, but ice cream does have a number of pluses.

For those who like to rationalize their indulgence, note the following: -as an energy source, its assimilability makes it a good food for children.

-Its milk protein is complete, containing all essential amino acids.

its homogenized fat globules are easier for the body to digest than the fats in most other desserts.

-it is a calorie-dense food, excellent for those interested in gaining weight.

-conversely, its palatability and ability to satiate make it possible to eat small amounts and still be psychologically satisfied, an important point for those seeking to limit caloric intake.

-it is high in carbohydrates, usually from a variety of sugars.

-it is a good source of many minerals, and the lactose, or milk sugar, enhances the assimilation of calcium. Although lacking iron and other trace minerals, many vitamins are present.

Ice cream's high levels of cholesterol and fat can indeed be a problem for those on restricted or fat! cholesterol modified diets.

Certain brands are also higher in fat and calories than others.

With planning and an intelligent approach to nutritive intake, ice cream need not necessarily be banned from the diet of a health conscious person.

2-4 protein shakes a day (bn wpi in water) 50 - 100g
2-4 flavour bcaa's in water 18 - 36g

days with bacon and egg rolls for breakfast ?? protien

90g tinned tuna or chicken or other fish for lunch and or dinner - 30g ? protien 30 - 60g

So anything from not enough 100g to about enough 250g - 105kg