• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Your Daily Protein Intake

I try for 220g+ per day.

Usually from;
Eggs
Milk
Chicken
Tinned Tuna
And a fair bit of meat at dinner.

I have WPC shakes once in a while if I'm struggling for the day, but I'd say I'd average 1-2 shakes per week.

At 70kg I go for about 175g at approx 2.5g protein/kg.

Main sources on a normal day:
1 x WPC shake + 300-400ml lite milk
1 x Caesine shake + 300-400ml lite milk
Rest is made up of chicken breast, beef mince, kangaroo, tuna, beef jerky or steak whenever I go out to eat.

Mine varies depending on if it's a training day (high carb/low fat, 20% above maint cals) or off day (moderate fat/low carb, 20% below maint cals).

On off days i have bacon (3 rashers) n eggs(3-4) for breaky, mixed nuts as a snack (brazil, macadamia, hazelnuts, cashews), then a 350g chicken breast and around 300g of either pork or top steak, which i switch around a bit between lunch n dinner to try n keep things a little more interesting.

On training days i have 40g wpi and 40g casein after training, with 2 eggs, then same again for lunch and dinner.
Can't remember the total values off the top of my head and i don't have my diet plan here with me at uni

i've always felt the same way about chocolate ... more so in fact :D
I think i've proven you can have chocolate everyday and not be a fattie lol

food is fuel, food is medicine but it should also be enjoyed.

The only protien powder I really liked was Dave Drapers.

A good opportunity to post this great article, I apologize if you've read this before I think I have posted it a number of times on many forums over the years:p.

Preface: Dr. Ken's Reflections on "Some Notes About Ice Cream"

Ice Cream-Well, guilty as charged; everyone knows I love ice cream. I don't often eat cake or much of anything else containing sugar.

I've never been accused of having a sweet tooth.

However, ice cream, especially Graeter's Ice Cream from Cincinnati which I have been eating since 1965 when I can get my hands on it, serves as an important part of my diet.

I was told that I dug up every positive aspect of ice cream in order to justify my own intake.

No, I just laid out the pluses and minuses and made it clear that one can in fact, indulge at times if it is part of an overall diet that otherwise, makes room for such a treat.
Some Notes About Ice Cream

I have an almost incurable love affair with ice cream.

I can occasionally control myself and avoid it for days, even weeks at a time, but I'm invariably called back.

Is ice cream "bad," or at least as damaging to good health as many of us have been led to believe? There's no denying that the high butterfat content is contraindicated for those on a low fat diet, but ice cream does have a number of pluses.

For those who like to rationalize their indulgence, note the following: -as an energy source, its assimilability makes it a good food for children.

-Its milk protein is complete, containing all essential amino acids.

its homogenized fat globules are easier for the body to digest than the fats in most other desserts.

-it is a calorie-dense food, excellent for those interested in gaining weight.

-conversely, its palatability and ability to satiate make it possible to eat small amounts and still be psychologically satisfied, an important point for those seeking to limit caloric intake.

-it is high in carbohydrates, usually from a variety of sugars.

-it is a good source of many minerals, and the lactose, or milk sugar, enhances the assimilation of calcium. Although lacking iron and other trace minerals, many vitamins are present.

Ice cream's high levels of cholesterol and fat can indeed be a problem for those on restricted or fat! cholesterol modified diets.

Certain brands are also higher in fat and calories than others.

With planning and an intelligent approach to nutritive intake, ice cream need not necessarily be banned from the diet of a health conscious person.

The only protien powder I really liked was Dave Drapers.

A good opportunity to post this great article, I apologize if you've read this before I think I have posted it a number of times on many forums over the years:p.

Preface: Dr. Ken's Reflections on "Some Notes About Ice Cream"

Ice Cream-Well, guilty as charged; everyone knows I love ice cream. I don't often eat cake or much of anything else containing sugar.

I've never been accused of having a sweet tooth.

However, ice cream, especially Graeter's Ice Cream from Cincinnati which I have been eating since 1965 when I can get my hands on it, serves as an important part of my diet.

I was told that I dug up every positive aspect of ice cream in order to justify my own intake.

No, I just laid out the pluses and minuses and made it clear that one can in fact, indulge at times if it is part of an overall diet that otherwise, makes room for such a treat.
Some Notes About Ice Cream

I have an almost incurable love affair with ice cream.

I can occasionally control myself and avoid it for days, even weeks at a time, but I'm invariably called back.

Is ice cream "bad," or at least as damaging to good health as many of us have been led to believe? There's no denying that the high butterfat content is contraindicated for those on a low fat diet, but ice cream does have a number of pluses.

For those who like to rationalize their indulgence, note the following: -as an energy source, its assimilability makes it a good food for children.

-Its milk protein is complete, containing all essential amino acids.

its homogenized fat globules are easier for the body to digest than the fats in most other desserts.

-it is a calorie-dense food, excellent for those interested in gaining weight.

-conversely, its palatability and ability to satiate make it possible to eat small amounts and still be psychologically satisfied, an important point for those seeking to limit caloric intake.

-it is high in carbohydrates, usually from a variety of sugars.

-it is a good source of many minerals, and the lactose, or milk sugar, enhances the assimilation of calcium. Although lacking iron and other trace minerals, many vitamins are present.

Ice cream's high levels of cholesterol and fat can indeed be a problem for those on restricted or fat! cholesterol modified diets.

Certain brands are also higher in fat and calories than others.

With planning and an intelligent approach to nutritive intake, ice cream need not necessarily be banned from the diet of a health conscious person.

I like it.

I probably get "too much," though I don't measure it out. My wife cooks most of our meals, and she's a vegetarian, so 9 times out of 10 I'm getting tofu/seitan/tempeh as well as some type of lentils or beans... and then I'll go add some chicken/turkey, some tuna/salmon/shrimp/etc. or some bison/venison/ostrich (LOVE ostrich) as well.

Sometimes I'll do a protein shake at work, but that's only if I've forgotten lunch. I tend to get all my protein from chow.

I probably get "too much," though I don't measure it out. My wife cooks most of our meals, and she's a vegetarian, so 9 times out of 10 I'm getting tofu/seitan/tempeh as well as some type of lentils or beans... and then I'll go add some chicken/turkey, some tuna/salmon/shrimp/etc. or some bison/venison/ostrich (LOVE ostrich) as well.

Sometimes I'll do a protein shake at work, but that's only if I've forgotten lunch. I tend to get all my protein from chow.

My wife tried to spruik the merits of tofu to me. I gave her comments the disdain they deserved lol. May as well eat the sponge next to the kitchen sink, bland tasting horse shit. GTFO tofu, I don't like you.

I haven't counted for a few years now, I'm just aware of whether I'm taking in some protein or not and I try to throw a bit in 4 or 5 times a day.

We eat beef twice a day almost every day.
eggs
milk
nuts
chook or salmon/sardines every now and then
WPI/WPC/Casein blend a couple of times a week.

My wife tried to spruik the merits of tofu to me. I gave her comments the disdain they deserved lol. May as well eat the sponge next to the kitchen sink, bland tasting horse shit. GTFO tofu, I don't like you.

Hahaha. I think that's probably why I can eat it; it doesn't taste of anything much, so it takes up the flavor of whatever you cook it with. She can & does eat it just plain grilled... nah brah, that ain't for me.

Hahaha. I think that's probably why I can eat it; it doesn't taste of anything much, so it takes up the flavor of whatever you cook it with. She can & does eat it just plain grilled... nah brah, that ain't for me.

what do you expect with the crap supermarket ones.
The only slightly acceptable supermarket ones are the sanitarium hot dogs
Try some of the hard varieties from chinese or Thai supermarkets.
Or ask for spicy Mapo Tofu at your local Chinese/sichuan shop

Last edited:
Minimum 155g (1g/lb of LBM) but typically closer to 200g.

Some sort of meat
cottage cheese
yoghurt
proats
protein pancakes

my staples

Whatever your intake is, make sure at least one meal consists of beef and chicken together for the anabolisms.

I aim for minimum of 150g and it's closer to 200g and can go up to 250g.

I usually have some sort of canned fish for breakfast, tuna, salmon, mackerel etc...
Meat for lunch, beef, chicken, fish etc...
Dinner as above.
Beef jerky, Yoghurt, eggs etc...
If I think I'm under I will have WPI, but that's not often.
Sometimes I even have tofu, but it needs to be cooked well and I don't usually count it.

No less than 220 grams, try and aim for a gram per pound of body weight.

Chicken, Whey, Fish, beef, etc. Keep it simple