• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
As a comparison though, aren't fat levels going to throw this?, Ie my extra 10 or 20 kg's of fat doesn't make me stronger....?

Don't use fat as an excuse for being weak. Not calling you fat, or weak - it's just that this is the sort of total you'll need to do well in various levels of competition
I didn't explain very well but the short answer is no you don't factor fat into it

wow... El Freako invites me to join ausbb forum by showing me this thread...
Fucking brain explosions coming from inexperienced people here....
my advice - regardless of whether they are PLs, SM or BBs - if they have been training for years, and have results in their chosen discipline - then consider their words.
All this talk, however, of not requiring progression in training.... let's face it - that's what this thread is really about in the end - it's pure insanity.
I would love to see the guys that don't aim for any sort of progression in 5 years' time.
I probably won't though, because they won't be in the game for that long. After being in and around gyms for the last 10 years I've seen that a hell of a lot.
Listen to El Freako when he tells you that you need to train according to your level too - I've known the guy for many years and since I have been working under his advice I have grown in both strength and size, when I had previously hit a plateau form 'training by feel'.

I don't mean offense to any body here - I'm sure if you are young and/or new too the sport you will have so much mis-information pumped into your head- but seriously, listen to the older & wiser guys. If you are prepared to clear misconceptions they are often very willing mentors.
~thx

Last edited:
wow... El Freako invites me to join ausbb forum by showing me this thread...
Fucking brain explosions coming from inexperienced people here....
my advice - regardless of whether they are PLs, SM or BBs - if they have been training for years, and have results in their chosen discipline - then consider their words.
All this talk, however, of not requiring progression in training.... let's face it - that's what this thread is really about in the end - it's pure insanity.
I would love to see the guys that don't aim for any sort of progression in 5 years' time.
I probably won't though, because they won't be in the game for that long. After being in and around gyms for the last 10 years I've seen that a hell of a lot.
Listen to El Freako when he tells you that you need to train according to your level too - I've known the guy for many years and since I have been working under his advice I have grown in both strength and size, when I had previously hit a plateau form 'training by feel'.

I don't mean offense to any body here - I'm sure if you are young and/or new too the sport you will have so much mis-information pumped into your head- but seriously, listen to the older & wiser guys. If you are prepared to clear misconceptions they are often very willing mentors.
~thx

You are totally right mate, and yer i am liscening to my coach who has over 30 years of experience in the bodybuilding world, and has basically dedicated his life to it.

Necro bump. One of Ausbb's Epic threads.

I think its been proven now that as long as you are lifting over 60% of your max, volume is the key. ie volume of heavy weight.

Problem is that volume of heavy weight takes a lot of time. So is intensity second?

[MENTION=7521]C_T[/MENTION]; have you read O.P.?

What do you think of the article (in O.P.)?

Damn, that was one hell of a thred.

This was the thread [MENTION=6722]Bazza20[/MENTION]; made his legend, as far as I'm concerned.

This also led to spin off series like Thicky versus [MENTION=10081]pumpiniron[/MENTION]; and Player versus [MENTION=10081]pumpiniron[/MENTION];

Remember Player tried to blackmail him into giving him half his prize winnings if Puminiron won the Ausbb Tranformation Comp coz Pumpiniron started roiding. :D

Poor bastard paid all that money for this trainer and all those supps.