• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Fair enough mate, depending on where there at. But saying he could get someone from 100-160 in a few month is a huge load of shit. Unless there eating 1000 calories over maintenance level which is just gonna get them fat, bodybuilders are after lean gains.

Lol. Are you serious. Plenty of people go from 100 to a 160 dead in a few months without getting fat. Don't kid yourself 160kg dead is well within beginner level and can hardly be used as an example of strength training not working for muscle growth.

Fair enough mate, depending on where there at. But saying he could get someone from 100-160 in a few month is a huge load of shit. Unless there eating 1000 calories over maintenance level which is just gonna get them fat, bodybuilders are after lean gains.

No it's not, for an upper body lift yes it's bullshit, but for a deadlift that is quite possible if the person is training correctly.

well i did the mark rippetoe beginners program, ate 500-1000 calories over maintenance and took my 1 year to get to 100-160. I put on like 15 kilos in 1 year, probly 50%-70% fat.

well i did the mark rippetoe beginners program, ate 500-1000 calories over maintenance and took my 1 year to get to 100-160. I put on like 15 kilos in 1 year, probly 50%-70% fat.

Putting on too much fat isn't a side effect of strength training, it was because you were consuming too many calories. Can't really use that as an example of low rep strength training not working.

Putting on too much fat isn't a side effect of strength training, it was because you were consuming too many calories. Can't really use that as an example of low rep strength training not working.

Yer true, but i was plateuing on my lifts and people would tell me, its because ur not eating enough, so i upped my calories to break through these plateus, which made me put on more weight.......... which i have seen in other people to. the ones that train for str think... Oh shit ive plateud on my lifts, i dont get more reps then i did last week i will have to up the calories. Which leads them to getting fat.

Last edited:

Are you sure about that?

your a quick reader.
All the spaces between the lines hurt my eyes

no one can read that in 1 minute. bs..

but interesting article.

as FADI would say, all different types of training should be incorporated.

Yer true, but i was plateuing on my lifts and people would tell me, its because ur not eating enough, so i upped my calories to break through these plateus, which made me put on more weight.......... which i have seen in other people to. the ones that train for str think... Oh shit ive plateud on my lifts, i dont get more reps then i did last week i will have to up the calories. Which leads them to getting fat.

So your saying that the strength training you used didn't make you bigger so thats your argument for low reps not growing muscle.

But now it turns out you had plateaued and not really getting stronger anyway.

Hardly a fair argument against low reps yet again. Again the getting fat part can happen on any program if you overeat. Its not linked with low rep strength programs.

If you had done low rep training and got up to a 250+ dead for reps 200+ squats ect and said you built zero muscle it would be a decent argument.

Lol. Are you serious. Plenty of people go from 100 to a 160 dead in a few months without getting fat. Don't kid yourself 160kg dead is well within beginner level and can hardly be used as an example of strength training not working for muscle growth.

Took me roughly 6-7 weeks to go from a 100kg deadlift to 160 ... And I lost weight over that period as well :)

Fair enough bazza, i get what your saying. But training like a powerlifter focusing only on the compound exercises like deadlift, military press, squat and bench press isnt gonna make you look like zyzz. even if ur deadlift goes from 100-300 and then u cut down to 10% body fat, do you think ur gonna look like zyzz? i doubt it.

Fair enough bazza, i get what your saying. But training like a powerlifter focusing only on the compound exercises like deadlift, military press, squat and bench press isnt gonna make you look like zyzz. even if ur deadlift goes from 100-300 and then u cut down to 10% body fat, do you think ur gonna look like zyzz? i doubt it.

So much wrong with that I'm not sure were to start.

Do you even know how powerlifters train. Most do plenty of assistance exercise outside of the main 3 lifts anyway.

Deadlift going from 100-300lb. Seriously get his out of your head that a 300lb deadlift is strong or representative of strength training.

For low rep strength training to work, like any training, you need to give it a chance and actually get strong. You using an example of 300lb dead shows that this obviously didn't happen. Get your dead to 500-600lb before saying strength training didn't work for you.

Did you just bring up Zyzz?? Wtf.

So much wrong with that I'm not sure were to start.

Do you even know how powerlifters train. Most do plenty of assistance exercise outside of the main 3 lifts anyway.

Deadlift going from 100-300lb. Seriously get his out of your head that a 300lb deadlift is strong or representative of strength training.

For low rep strength training to work, like any training, you need to give it a chance and actually get strong. You using an example of 300lb dead shows that this obviously didn't happen. Get your dead to 500-600lb before saying strength training didn't work for you.

Did you just bring up Zyzz?? Wtf.

What if i don't want to do deadlifts?