• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
you don't even think about how much your lifting, do you blindfold yourself and just pick up two dumbells from the rack? doesn't matter what weight as long as you demolish them?
Still not sure why shorter breaks will lead to more muscle hypertrophy. Conditioning yes, hypertrophy, dunno.

why is every "bodybuilder" so scared to be strong?

Haha funny one champ, Nah ur not blindfolded, i mean you concentrate on the muscle ur training *getting that contraction*.Also your not sure why shorter breaks lead to more muscle hypertrophy, well me neither but the studies back it up and also the way bodybuilders train back it up.

Your not explaining anything to me, your just saying shit that I wasn't even talking about.

I agree that there are other ways to build strength than low rep training, I never said otherwise. Low rep training can and does work for gaining muscle for many people but its not the only way and i never said it was. To say weight on the bar or strength doesn't matter is just bullshit. Which ever method you use you need to get steonger. If you are lifting the same weight the same way as you are now in 2 year time good luck growing any muscle unless you just keep upping the gear you smash into your arse.

Im talking about physique enhancement tho, not getting stronger. But like you said gaining muscle means you have to get stronger, which is correct yes i agree with you. Nowhere in scotts article did he say you have to get weaker to build muscle....... which you are implementing. Scott just explains to train with high intensity, short breaks with lighter weights and more reps, lead to higher motor unit recruitment/muscle fibre breakdown>which leads to better pysique development.

Str does come, but the goal is to breakdown the muscle in the workout. (which i have explained 1 million times) if u have read part 2 like i have told you scott has tons of studies to back up what he is saying.

And ofcourse if ur still lifting the same weights as u do in 2 years ur not gonna improve. Hes basically saying for example: 100kg bench for 10 reps for 6 reps with 1-2 minute breaks is better for muscle recruitment/breakdown then 120kg bench for 3-5 reps with 3-4 minute breaks........ but you see that is going backwards...... which isnt true.

image001.png

image004.jpg

I'm sure this has been posted here before but the guy above was an decent powerlifter who went on a cut there is an article about it on Tnation.

I'm not saying its the only way to train, but one way or another you have to be getting stronger to get bigger whether thats more reps at a lower weight or more weight at the same rep range, if your not progressing upwards somehow your not getting bigger simple.

Alot of what he said in the second article about lifting for longevity has plenty of merit. Any training method works but heavy compound has to be the most efficent way to train.

Pumpin I'm not disagreeing with what this guy says rather saying there is many ways to get swole

Yer mate ur right, some methods work well for different people.

the link to the studies, not what Scott Abel says.

I dont think he would make up studies, look mate im not gonna argue with anyone anymore, the info is there to read.

Ive tried training for str for 2 years-i did get stronger quick aka my deadlift went from 100 to 160 in 1 year but i still didnt look that much better in pysique enhancement, which is why i invested my money into a coach, which is scott abel. If ur still on this forum in 2 years time, i will show you my progress. Most likely im gonna look like most of his other clients, which all have fuckin impressive pyhsiques.I will actually reach my goals,as appossed to barely progressing at all like the last 2 years for following certain methods like *training for str*- that have led me to getting injured... like the begginning of the year i fucked my lower back dealifting cause i was training in the 3-5 rep range as heavy as i could.

Last edited:
I was on power and bulk years ago the blokes on there that dude was pumped with chemicals

Yep. I think those photos must be close to 10 years old now. I don't think it was ever hidden he was on something but still a very impressive physique built on low reps and being strong. I can't remember exactly but was lifting some big numbers.

I just read a couple of scott abel things online don't 100% agree with what he is touting but found this line pretty funny, kinda reminds of some of the goings on here.

I've had people on my forums who go by the tag "Big Guns 21" or something ridiculous like that. Then, I'm doing an appearance and this guy comes and introduces himself. "I'm on your forums, I'm Big Guns 21," and the guy looks like he's never been in a gym in his life!

But he's doling out advice on 5 or 6 different forums on the net. It's the "blind leading the blind" and "bullshit baffles brains" technique. To these guys I say, shut up and show me

I just read a couple of scott abel things online don't 100% agree with what he is touting but found this line pretty funny, kinda reminds of some of the goings on here.

I've had people on my forums who go by the tag "Big Guns 21" or something ridiculous like that. Then, I'm doing an appearance and this guy comes and introduces himself. "I'm on your forums, I'm Big Guns 21," and the guy looks like he's never been in a gym in his life!

But he's doling out advice on 5 or 6 different forums on the net. It's the "blind leading the blind" and "bullshit baffles brains" technique. To these guys I say, shut up and show me

lol true, Im not giving out advice , im referring people to advice from a professional.

I dont think he would make up studies, look mate im not gonna argue with anyone anymore, the info is there to read.

Ive tried training for str for 2 years-i did get stronger quick aka my deadlift went from 100 to 160 in 1 year but i still didnt look that much better in pysique enhancement, which is why i invested my money into a coach, which is scott abel. If ur still on this forum in 2 years time, i will show you my progress. Most likely im gonna look like most of his other clients, which all have fuckin impressive pyhsiques.I will actually reach my goals,as appossed to barely progressing at all like the last 2 years for following certain methods like *training for str*- that have led me to getting injured... like the begginning of the year i fucked my lower back dealifting cause i was training in the 3-5 rep range as heavy as i could.

Don't take this the wrong way but it's a bit much to say strength training didn't work for you because you deadlifted 160 and weren't that big. 160 is still well within biginner level. Get that deadlift over 250 and then see what it's done for you. If its done nothing then say low reps might not work that well for you. I would bet Sticky gets his beginner males to a 160 dead in a few months.

To say low rep strength training didn't work for an individual I would think they would have to actually get strong first to be able to determine that.

Yep. I think those photos must be close to 10 years old now. I don't think it was ever hidden he was on something but still a very impressive physique built on low reps and being strong. I can't remember exactly but was lifting some big numbers.

I just remember following it back in the day, other than the steroids there was some other controversy, but I can't remember.

lol true, Im not giving out advice , im referring people to advice from a professional.

Don't sweat it bro I didn't mean you. Your out there lifting, doing it your way some peeps here who shall remain nameless are serving up advice and I doubt they've ever been in a gym.

Don't take this the wrong way but it's a bit much to say strength training didn't work for you because you deadlifted 160 and weren't that big. 160 is still well within biginner level. Get that deadlift over 250 and then see what it's done for you. If its done nothing then say low reps might not work that well for you. I would bet Sticky gets his beginner males to a 160 dead in a few months.

To say low rep strength training didn't work for an individual I would think they would have to actually get strong first to be able to determine that.

Fair enough mate, depending on where there at. But saying he could get someone from 100-160 in a few month is a huge load of shit. Unless there eating 1000 calories over maintenance level which is just gonna get them fat, bodybuilders are after lean gains.

Sif bro,

that power and bulk site is ok, thanks for the direction it must be so old the articles don't come up on google searches. Lotta good info there

There were funny bastards on there a few years ago, they'd take the piss out of everything.